Chapter 28

*Thud*

*Thud*

*THUD*

That's all that's heard as a young man is chopping wood. His pile is already full and he slams the axe into the tree log.

??: "Hey, Mark."

The young man turns and sees his girlfriend Jasmine.

Mark: "Hey, Jasmine."

She goes up to him and kisses him.

Mark: "You need anything?"

Jasmine: "No. I just wanted to tell you that I'm going out scavenging with the group. I also won't be coming back for a while."

Mark: "Why not?"

Jasmine: "We're going out far. It's gonna take us at least a day to come back."

Mark: "Alright. Be careful, I'll be waiting when you come back."

Jasmine: " Okay. I love you."

Mark: "I know."

She kisses him again and then walks away.

Mark puts the wood pieces into a wheelbarrow and starts walking out of the woods. He makes it to a big gate and waits for the doors to open. Once they open he steps inside what looks like a community filled with people. He takes the wood next to the shacks of the carpenters.

Mark then walks away and enters a house and goes up stairs. He knocks on the door of the room and waits for a response.

??: "Come in."

Mark enters the room and sees a woman looking out of the window.

??: "What do you need Mark?"

Mark: "I'm done collecting the wood, Lily. I already took a full wheelbarrow to the carpenters."

Lily: "Okay. Rest up then. If I have another job for you, I'll send Abramovici to go get you."

Mark: "Ugh." He groans at the sound of his name.

Lily: "Excuse me?"

Mark: "It's nothing, ma'am."

Lily: "Go on, Mark."

Mark leaves the room and the house and starts walking until he's called over.

??: "Mark!"

He turns around and sees a girl walking up to him.

Mark: "What's up, Amanda?"

Amanda: "I heard your girlfriend left to go scavenging. I'm free from work for the whole day."

Mark grins.

Mark: "Come on."

They walk over to another house and go into the bedroom. Mark closes the door behind them. He goes up to Amanda and grabs her by the waist as he starts making out with her. They slowly start ripping their clothes off and lay on the bed.

~~~~~~~~~~

Mark and Amanda both lay on the bed cuddling. They talk for a while until a knock at the door disturbs them. Amanda groans at the sound.

Mark: "Ignore it. They'll go away."

Mark is wrong and the door is kicked in, startling the both of them. The big Russian man known as Abramovici stands at the door.

Mark: "How the fuck did you get in my house?!"

Abramovici: "Do not worry about it. Stop fuckin' this bitch Mark and ready up. We will go scouting."