Chapter Six

Beck's POV

As soon as I said those words I regretted it. But she said even worse things to me...well not really, but they were pretty bad. I have to apologize. But not right now. She would be to upset. All I did was go home.

The next morning I went to her house and knocked on the door. Debbie answered.

"Hi" she said awkwardly, "are you here to see Travis?"

"No, I'm here to apologize to Jade." I sighed, "I was wrong to say that stuff."

"She isn't here right now. She went with Travis to get some things from the store. She left a while ago, so I'm sure she'll be back."

"Can I come in?"

"Sure."

She opened the door wider, and let me inside. I looked around the house. It was okay-looking, but nothing like Jade's house before. I sat on the couch awkwardly. She sat on the chair.

"So..." she trailed off.

"So..." I trailed off, "your close with Jade?".

"Yeah, really close" she smiles, "were best friends."

"So, tell me about Travis." I say clearing my throat, "I mean, what does he like to do?"

Things couldn't be more awkward.

"Shouldn't you be asking Jade?"

"Jade isn't here."

"Smart."

"So? What does he like to do?"

"He likes to horseback ride. My fiancé is actually teaching him on a plastic horse. He'll get a real horse when he's like six."

"That'll be great. I would love to see that."

"He also likes to watch the videos of when he was born. He finds them interesting. He likes his first steps video, his first tooth video and his first birthday photo mostly. But the best photo was at the hospital."

She told me how when Jade was at the hospital having Travis. She was screaming and having a panic attack. Josh was filming. She accidentally had hit Josh in the face, and he dropped the camera, but it was okay. She threatened doctors and would not calm down. She said it was the funniest thing.

"I would love to see them."

"You should of witnessed it!" she laughed.

That's when it hit me. I have missed all of my son's achievements so far. And these were most likely the important ones...and soon I'll miss other ones. Like his first day of the first grade or his first girlfriend (which really isnt an achievement) or his graduation day... I didn't want to miss all of that...so there was only one thing to do. I was staying here.

Jade's POV

"Come on Travis." I helped him out of the car, holding the two bags of grocery's.

"I want to hold something!" he complained.

"Okay, buddy" I smiled. I handed him the smallest bag and opened the door. We went into the kitchen and put down the bags, then went to the living room. There sat Debbie and Beck.

"Daddy!" cheered Travis, running up to him and giving him a big hug. He picked him up. "Hi buddy" he grinned. Then he looked at me and mouthed "can I talk to you?".

I frowned and nodded. He politely asked Debbie to take Travis to another room and they left. He walked up to me.

"I want to apologize for how I acted yesterday" he said apologetically, "I didn't want to hurt your feelings. Actually, I...I..."

"You what?"

"I still love you."

He still loved me? He still loved me! This was the happiest time of my life! I was about to smile, when I got the sudden urge not to. What was wrong with me?

"Best part is, I'm staying here with you!"

That just made me not want to smile more. That's when I realized that I didn't want thing to change more they already did. I hated change and I hated second chances. Did Beck even deserve a second chance? He cheated on me, and it had went on for four months before I found out.

"What's wrong?" he asked confused, "you don't love me back?"

"I did" I looked down, "now...now I don't know."

"Why are you so unsure?"

"Because I don't want things to change again."

"It's a good change."

"I don't want any change!"

"It can't hurt you, Jade. I won't hurt you."

"You did more then once. And I don't want to go through it again."

"You won't! I promise!"

"You promised many times before!"

"I've changed! You have to!"

"Exactly! I'm not that desperate anymore!"

"Jade you know I love you! And I'm staying here whether you like it or not!"

"Doesn't mean Travis and I need to stay here!"

"You can't just pick up and leave again!"

"Oh yeah? Watch me! Now get out of my house!"

Okay, I wasn't really going to leave, but I just said that out of the blue.

He gave me a disgusted look mixed with I-Can't-Believe-You. I can't believe myself either. What did I just do? Debbie walked in with Travis.

"Travis go play for a minute" Debbie said quietly, "I need to talk to mommy for a minute."

He leaves and I sit down. Thinking were about to talk about me, I open my mouth to vent. But she stops me.

"One second. I need to tell you something first." she said.

"What is it?"

"Josh asked me to move in with him."

"That's great!"

"Move in with him to Canada."

"Canada? Why Canada?"

"He wants to live there with his sick mother. And he doesn't want to leave me."

"Are you going?"

"Umm...yes I am."

"Your leaving Travis and I?".

My eyes filled with tears.

"I'm sorry, Jade. But we'll visit!"

"How come she can't just come here?"

"Shes to sick."

"So your leaving me alone?! With no one?!"

"You'll have Beck!"

"No I don't want him!"

"Jade, you have got to be realistic here..."

"Realistic? I am! It's going to be Travis and I against the freaking world!"

"So you don't want me to go?"

"Exactly!"

"It's not all about you Jade! You never think of me at all! I'm leaving! In fact, I'm leaving tomorrow!"

"Fine! See what I care!"

With that Debbie stormed off. I think about Travis, too, not just myself. She has no idea how hard it is to be me. No one understands.