I nodded, my heart still being concerned and curious over why Karam didn't return whole night and even in the morning. I hadn't seen him since that moment.

We had chosen to walk around the banks of the lake and reach the Waterfall, today. As there weren't much clothes to wash except for the pairs Karam and I had worn yesterday. Chelsea too had few pairs. We had done our tasks early.

So, now the real one had began early too. The talk.

The rock we were sitting on wasn't slippery at all. The water was freezing four steps away on our right side. We had walked underneath it to reach the inside of the lake to not be audible to any passerby. It was risky to sit here as by the force of the water, we could slip. Thus, we were alert too. At least, it was better than trying to keep floating in the water to have a long conversation.

I was glad that this river was spread around, forming a little delta and giving private spaces for all.

"Just like that. He was sweating and looked worried about something," I said while staring at the water sparkling because of the faint sunlight.

"I have never seen any of them looking worried," she said, shaking her head with a sad sigh. "They always look so proud. Must be the full moon then. Or why would he leave you alone?"

I nodded slightly, glancing at her for confirmation. But her smile seemed so fake.

Though, I didn't push on it.

"Maybe, he was thinking upon your offer of letting you cross the border for a fuck." She said, making me stiffen.

I gulped before looking around.

"Don't look suspicious," she said, laughing sarcastically. "Misty, how could you put yourself on a bid like that to him?"

The sudden guilt mixed with nervousness started filling my chest.

"I thought you were stone about it. Your virginity. Not being a wolf, only that purity in you is power. Because that is the key to reach Severa," she said, her eyebrows furrowing in disturbance. "You are trying to play with fire. You just don't give yourself out to your Lycan mate like that."

She raised her skirt to unstick it from her legs as we both were getting drenched from the sprinkles of the water. My eyes caught the scars on her legs and they were going up to her thighs. Claw marks.

"I am very much disappointed in you. This was a very close mistake," she complained, her voice shaking as she breathed hard to calm herself. "What if he had agreed?" She asked, looking at me angrily. "Huh? What would you have done? Completed your end of the deal?"

My lips parted and stomach churned. "I don't even want to think about it," I muttered, looking at my lap. "It was more like a tongue slip, Chelsea. I swear, I feel scared after realizing the speed with which I am letting us touch each other. Maybe, it's mate bond. But yeah, that deal was me. I was faking confidence to know what would he answer."

"And?"

"He denied," I muttered, observing the water. "He has the control. He was more of disappointed that I thought so low of him."

She turned quiet.

Looking at her, she had tears in those dark eyes. "He loves you," she whispered, looking at me with conflicted expressions. "How would we be able to spy and do things if he is being so kind to you?"

I gulped hard. "Why? I ain't lying to him or anything? All I am doing is telling you the important things."

She lowered her eyes and looked at the front. Taking a long breathe, she shook her head. "But the upcoming days would involve things that would mean, betraying him."