33 | ticking time bomb

"Why are you kissing Lukey?", her voice didn't sound as joyful as usual. I'd even say a little sad. My assumption was confirmed, as I saw that her eyes were turning glossy.

Oh no, this was not good at all. Ana knowing about us was not what I had planned especially since I knew about her little crush. I wanted to wait until she had forgotten about it, because this way, she wouldn't end up getting hurt.

The only thing that could save this situation was if I talked to her and tried to explain her everything, but it would be a challenge since she was only six and probably wouldn't understand the half of it.

I turned back to Luke and said as calmly as possible: "Let me talk to her, you should go back to Calum, before he's the next one standing in the middle of this room."

He nodded silently and left the room, leaving me and my sister behind.

I was still sitting on the floor and Ana was standing in the doorstep.

"Please close the door and come to me, Ana", I said with a shaky voice. I couldn't allow myself any mistakes or else this would end up being a disaster

She did as told and sat closely in front of me.

I took a deep breath before I reached for her hands, putting them into mine, my thumb rubbing comforting over her wrist. "Do you remember when I told you, that people kissed someone to show them how much they like them?"

She nodded, her eyes filling up with tears. "Do you like Lukey?"

"Yes, Ana, I like him a lot", I whispered.

"Does he like you too?", she continued to ask.

I looked her deeply into the eyes and nodded slightly but visible.

A tear rolled over her face and I immediately pulled her into a hug. Once again, I was the reason for someone's tears. Why did I always hurt the people I loved?

"I know that you like him, Ana", I whispered. "And I can tell you that he likes you too, but he sees you more like a little sister."

The corner of her lips turned slightly up, and the tear flow stopped. "So does that mean he's like a second Calum?"

I didn't want to think that way because it would mean that Luke would be my brother too, but it might help the little princess to understand the problem better. "For you, yes."

"And for you?", she didn't seem to understand it completely.

"He's my boyfriend."

Her eyes widened again, and her mouth formed an 'o'.

The whole conversation went better than expected and she even promised me not to tell Calum or my parents, so I'd say it was a major success. When we were finished, she had even gotten her smile back and giggled happily over the fact that I actually kissed a boy without having to puke, before she reminded me that she would never want to have a boyfriend in her life, so everything was back to normal.

I was quite surprised that she seemed to forget so quickly about her crush on Luke, but then I remembered that she was still a toddler and probably didn't have real feelings for my boyfriend but was intimidated by his good looks.

I was proud to say that I had a boyfriend who was as handsome as Luke, but even prouder to say that he was the kindest human I had ever met. Not one day had passed in which he was rude to me or didn't respect me and my decisions. Whenever we didn't share the same opinion, he still listened to mine in order to understand me fully, but would have never judged me for not thinking the same way than he did.

"FAMILY MEETING IN THE LIVINGROOM", my mom shouted from downstairs, awakening me from my thoughts.

Not knowing what was going on, I took my little sister and went downstairs, only to find my parents looking more excited than I had ever seen them in the eighteen years of my life. Whatever they had to tell me was something positive then.

Knowing this calmed me down a little. I somehow had expected it to be bad news. Ana's and mine arrival was followed by the boy's only shortly after.

I felt Luke's nervous stare on me, so I nodded into his direction with a small smile to tell him that I could work things out with Ana. From one second to the other, his face relaxed, releasing all the tension that was built up from the situation he had left me and my sistere in.

My mom cleared her throat and shone brightly at all of us: "So we have just received a call and lockdown will end in two weeks!"

The room was filled with cheers and laughter, the mood of the room immediately lifting up. We all couldn't wait for this whole quarantine to end ever since it had started. I was especially happy about it. I had always thought that after the quarantine would be the perfect timing to tell my family about my relationship.

If it ended bad, I could at least run away.

Since Ana had figured out about it, it was even more urgent to tell everyone. Even though she promised to stay quiet about it, I knew that she was a ticking time bomb that would go off eventually, it was only a matter of time. She didn't mean to, but she was bad at keeping secrets and it'd slip of her tongue one day, that was for sure.

I could only hope that she managed to keep her mouth shut for two weeks. It wasn't that long, but still a challenge for her. 

☆☆☆

Congratulations, you survived the worst and shortest chapter of this book :))

I struggled a lot with this and ran through like 3 writer's blocks but hey, it can only get better in the next ones XD

xoxo
-A

^^
Yes, I'll keep on doing this