16 | Saturday

Reccomended song for this chapter: We'll be a dream by We the kings

☆☆☆

Day 13,

I woke up completely hungover with backpain I didn't know where it came from until I remembered where I was laying.

I immediately straightened by back, raising my head from the big chest that was laying beneath me. Memories of the last night rushed back into my mind.

I looked at the boy that was still laying next to me unsure what I should do next. I couldn't just leave him here, but I was uncomfortable with waking him up. Even though his position couldn't be nice to sleep in, he seemed so peaceful and the least thing I wanted to do is take that away from him.

But I knew that I had to wake him up anyway, if my family found us in the morning together on the balcony, there would have been questions for sure. Questions that were unnecessary since there was nothing going on between the both of us.

I didn't even want to think of what Cal's reaction would be if he found me laying on his best friend. He'd probably slaughter the both of us.

"Luke", I whispered, poking into his side.

He didn't move.

"Luke", I said a bit louder and shook his shoulder gently so as not to hurt him in any way.

He opened his eyes halfway mumbling some incomprehensible words before he turned around and grunted since the floor was hard.

"Where am I?", he then said, his voice being twice as deep as usual while rubbing his eyes with the wrist of his hands in order to wake up completely.

"We're still on the balcony", I explained while stretching my back, "we fell asleep."

"That was an awful idea", he grumbled, "I feel like I slept on stone."

A chuckle escaped my mouth: "Well, technically, you did."

He returned the chuckle, his cute dimples becoming visible and sat up.

We went back inside, closing the door behind us. Luke said that he'd go to bed and try to get a bit more sleep but I knew that there was no way that I could go back to sleep so I just sat on my bed and made the time run by faster by going on my phone.

I checked my Instagram, snapchat and twitter but there was not much going on since it was only early in the morning. It didn't matter though because I wasn't paying much attention to it anyway and got once more lost in my own mind, but in a good way this time.

It was the first day that I didn't only know that everything would be alright because it was what I told myself and what everyone else always told me, but I was doing well because I believed it. I was confident that I could go back to how things were and that I wouldn't be the picture-perfect wreck I had been for the last week.

I was ready to tell Mason that I wanted to be his friend again because at the end of the day, I missed him a lot and I wanted him back, even if that meant that we could only be friends. I loved him way too much to just let go of him and end all the years of deep friendship.

And who knew, maybe I'd really find another boy who I could love with all my heart and who would return it with all he could. A soulmate who understood me without me having to explain myself.

And if I was lucky, I'd find also someone who wasn't gay.

My stomach started doing some weird gymnastics, I didn't know it was capable of doing, as I thought about the possibility that someone was out there waiting for me. I started to see everything more objective, I was finally able to see what action would make the most sense. And keep ignoring Mason was for sure not something that seemed logical.

He didn't choose to be gay and I had no right to be mad about it.

I began to wonder how he was doing with everything. Finding out that you're not straight is surely nothing that was easy to comprehend. Questions like Do his parents know? If yes, were they supportive? crossed my mind

I truly wished they were.

What if they reacted the same way I did?

A sudden wave of sickness flushed through my body. Guilt.

I turned away the moment he needed a friend the most, I was awful.

Within a second, I was sure that I had to call him later that day, as soon as it wasn't early in the morning anymore. I needed to apologize and be the friend he deserved to have. Now was not the time to be selfish.

But for once, Mason wasn't the only boy who crossed my mind. Ever since I had returned to my bedroom, I couldn't stop thinking about the blond boy. I still felt the rhythmic motions of his chest beneath my head as he inhaled the warm Australian air and exhaled it only a few seconds later.

The smell of his cologne was still stuck in my nose, even though it didn't even smell that strong anymore when I was laying right next to him. I'd never forget the scent it left tickling on the inside of my nose.

I felt closer to him than before, closer than I had ever wanted to think I'd ever be to him.

The last night didn't only leave me hungover but also curious. I wanted to know more about Luke and the reason for his sadness. My heart began to ache as I remembered the expression of his face as he told me that his pain was caused by his family.

I was worried about him and wanted to know what exactly was going on at home that it broke him this much. And maybe I could be there for him like he had been for me the past week.

What if his parents were beating him? Or what if they just acted like he wasn't even there?

I could only imagine the value of the pain, a family could cause. A family is something that gives you energy, a strong bound that is there for you whenever you need someone.

I didn't want to think too much about it because I knew that I would only end up crying.

I admired Luke a lot that he was always such a sweetheart to everyone even though he wasn't happy at all in reality. Out of all the people in the world, I would have expected him the least to be in pain. He just always was so happy and carried a shiny smile on his lips.

I wondered if it was even real.

The sound of my ringing phone snapped me out of my thoughts. I lensed at the screen to see who it was. My heart skipped a beat as I read the letters. M A S O N.

My pulse started to speed up but I still picked up the phone with shaky hands, answering the call.

☆☆☆

Little filler chapter, but I hope you enjoyed :)

Fun fact: I'm currently drinking 2.5l of water each day but I have a really small bladder so I have to pee like every 30min.