30 | chocolate cake

"Tomorrow is my birthday!", Ana screamed through the whole house.

I loved my sister but waking up at seven am after you went to bed at three am because you and your boyfriend spend a little too much time talking, to the sound of her high-pitched voice, made me want to throw her out of the window.

I groaned, before I turned around, trying to fall asleep again, but just as I was about to succeed, my door swung open and Ana came running in. "Jade, Jade, did you hear me?", she squealed as she jumped on my bed, "I'm turning six tomorrow"

"Leave me alone, Ana", I grumbled tiredly. I definitely needed more than four hours of sleep.

But the almost six-year-old didn't listen. She laid on top of me and began to tickle me. I forcibly began to laugh, even though being tickled was the worst feeling ever. I yelled at my sister telling her to stop and finally get out of my room, but the only cause it carried with it was that Calum was being alarmed that I was under Ana's force.

Now I wasn't only tickled by a toddler, but also by a nineteen-year-old teenager who was clearly stronger than me. "I HATE YOU GUYS"

"Where's Lukey?", Ana asked Calum after they stopped torturing me.

"He's sleeping", he replied, "This dude is sleeping way too much lately. I mean we don't go to bed that late, but he still sleeps until one most of the days."

"I want to sleep for a little longer too", I complained, burying my head in my pillow. "I'm dead."

"Since when have you become a long sleeper anyway? You're usually up around eight o'clock"

"Uhm", I searched for an explanation that didn't include "sneaking around with Luke".

"My sleeping schedule is fu-", my gaze landed on my sister who was still sitting on my bed and quickly corrected myself before I said the f word in front of her, "fully messed up."

I really wanted to go back to sleep but I knew that I wouldn't be able to do so, so I ended up getting up with only four hours of sleep, what was clearly not enough for me to survive the day without drinking several cups of coffee.

We had promised Ana to bake a chocolate cake for her birthday tomorrow so Cal and I figured that it would be a good idea if we did it in the morning, since we were already awake.

"Why don't you go and ask mom where she put the recipe?", Calum suggested to Ana and before I could even realize what was going on, she was already out of my room.

I was just about to stand up and follow her as Calum held me back by my arm. I sent him a wondering glance.

"You remember when you told me, that Anastasia liked older guys?", he said with, a small smirk drawn to his lips, catching my full attention.

Why did he bring this up out of nowhere?

"Yes?", I said, wanting to know what he would say next. I had no idea where it should be getting at.

He let go of my hand, looked deeply into my eyes, trying to stay serious, but failed miserably. "I think she has a crush on Luke."

My mouth dropped open: "Why would you think that?"

"Haven't you realized whenever he's not around, she asks where he is and becomes super giggly when he is. I mean yes, she is very bubbly but it's definitely stronger when he's present. And yesterday before she went to bed, she came to say goodnight, hugged me and even kissed Luke on the cheeks and you know her, she hates kisses."

"I take full responsibility that she kissed him", I sat back on my bed, "I told her that people did that to show that they liked someone."

I would have never thought that she was crushing on him. I knew she liked him, what was already odd, considering that he's a male, but I still hadn't expected her to crush on him.