thirteen

During dinner, Agnes and Lysander's hands would occasionally brush up against each other before they would send each other small smiles

Of course, their friends noticed it. Apollo recognized that Lysander made Agnes happy, but he was still unsure of their relationship. Lorcan would snort and call his twin a softie, while Harmony would kick his shin whenever he said such things.

"Don't be rude, you idiot," Harmony hissed.

"You know, you kicking me will never not hurt," Lorcan retorted.

"Then stop giving me a reason to kick you," she retorted.

"Do you two ever not bicker?" Apollo asked.

"Yes, when Lorcan's making out with some girl," Harmony answered.

"Hey, I haven't done that in months!"

"Oh - shall I give you an award for keeping your bloody lips and hands to yourself for a few months out of your seventeen years of breathing?" she asked.

Apollo sighed. "Guess that answers my question. Can you two be civilized at the dinner table? It's embarrassing."

Lorcan rolled his eyes. "Sorry, Dad."

"They're smiling again," Harmony chimed.

Apollo and Lorcan looked over at Agnes and Lysander. The two were laughing, completely ignoring the other students around them.

"He's completely whipped," Lorcan murmured.

"Well, liking someone will do that to you," Harmony replied. "I'm happy for them. He's good to her and that's really all I could hope for."

Lorcan stared at Harmony for a moment before clearing his throat. "Y-Yeah, yes, I agree. Lysander's never dated before. Mum will want to meet her and Dad will be hysterical."

Harmony smiled. "I think they'll be fine."

"Knowing Lysander, he'll make sure she's always happy," Lorcan reassured.

"That's all I want," she replied.

The two smiled at each other as Apollo scrunched his face up in disgust and drank from his goblet. He placed it down, shaking his head, muttering about dumb teenagers.