nine

Lysander kept a close eye on Apollo and Agnes

Lysander kept a close eye on Apollo and Agnes. After what Lorcan said to him, he couldn't stop thinking about it. What were the chances that Apollo Tolliver's great-great-grandson was sent to Hogwarts with Agnes and the Scamander twins? Of course, Apollo and Lysander both kept talking to Agnes as usual. However, there was an unsaid tension between the two males. Lysander knew it was because he himself was weary of Apollo, but he wondered why Apollo was tense around him.

The Gryffindor hovered around Agnes as usual, but she didn't mind. She liked the company of Apollo. After all, they had been friends since their second year at Hogwarts. Lysander walked over to the table they were sitting at during study hall. Apollo glanced up and narrowed his eyes before going back to his notes. Lysander sat in front of Agnes and Apollo.

Agnes looked up and smiled. "Hello," she whispered.

Lysander smiled. "Hello," he greeted. "Tolliver."

Apollo nodded in greeting. "Scamander."

Agnes looked between the two before going back to her notes. The two males stared at each other before whipping their heads toward Agnes to dote on her once more.

"Is that the Potions notes?" asked Lysander. "I can help with them. We should do them together."

She nodded. "I'd like that."

Apollo rolled her eyes. "Scamander, can I talk to you? Like, further way at the end of this table?"

"Sure, anything for you," he replied sarcastically.

The two slide down the bench, further away from Agnes.

"You better not break her heart," said Apollo.

"Huh?"

Lysander clearly wasn't expecting that. He was expecting a punch or a threat to get away from Agnes.

"Don't hurt her," Apollo repeated. "She's a quiet, innocent girl and I don't want you to ruin her."

Lysander narrowed his eyes at Apollo. "I'm not Lorcan. I wouldn't ever do that to Agnes. Lorcan, maybe, to Harmony, that is."

"Harmony is a big girl. She can handle herself. It's Agnes I'm worried about."

Lysander nodded. "And I understand. You're her best friend and she loves you, but I care about her as well."

"I mean it, Scamander. I'll hex you if you hurt her."