twelve

Another thing Lysander learned was that Agnes enjoyed drawing and sketching

Another thing Lysander learned was that Agnes enjoyed drawing and sketching. Occasionally, they would head out onto the courtyard and relax. Agnes would always be sketching something and Lysander would always be reading.

While she was so engrossed in sketching, she would fail to notice the dark dust on the side of her hand due to the fact that she was left-handed. Lysander would take the opportunity to place his hand on her worst to stop her from drawing. Then, he would whisk out a handkerchief, dip it in some water, and wipe it away. She would smile and nudge her nose against his shoulder before going back to sketching.

He only kept the handkerchief around for that purpose. Lorcan made fun of him every time he caught sight of the cloth in Lysander's hands, but then Lysander would remind him of how he still hadn't asked Harmony out yet, which shut him up each time.

Agnes was rooting for Harmony and Lorcan to get together, but Lorcan was too scared to ask her out, while she was always trying to pull him into a date. Agnes had said many times that she thought Lorcan was stupid, to which Lysander agreed with.

Currently, Agnes had her head leaning against Lysander's shoulder. She decided to have Lysander draw something, but she would be the one controlling his hand. It was an odd game she came up with in the heat of the moment, but Lysander was happy to comply.

"Agnes, I can't tell if that's supposed to be a circle or an oval. I thought we were drawing the sun. Why is there a line - Oh - Is this a flower now? Oh - guess not."

She giggled, eyes flickering up to Lysander's face. His face was scrunched you in concentration as he attempted to figure out what she was making him draw. Truthfully, she didn't know either. She was sure the page would be full of scribbles by the end of it.

"You're playing with me, aren't you?" he asked, head moving toward her.

She smiled and nodded, causing him to sigh.

"You're a troublemaker, you know that? Everyone thinks you're innocent, but you've got a little bit of devil inside you."

She giggled again, leaning up to flick his nose before snuggling back against his shoulder.

"Well, not that I mind," he added. "I like that you've a little devil inside."