four

Most of Lysander's and Agnes's time was spent together in the library

Most of Lysander's and Agnes's time was spent together in the library. They often met up with each other in the small corner they claimed. Agnes was fond of Lysander. She wondered if she had a crush on him. She never had a crush on anyone at Hogwarts before. No one stood out to her. In her third year, she also wondered if she liked Apollo, but decided she didn't because he was much too popular and she was too young to have a boyfriend.

Now, she was sixteen - almost seventeen - and she began to see the good things about having a boyfriend. Of course, it depended on the boy because most boys were still bumbling baboons.

Agnes peeked over her book to glance at Lysander. He looked beautiful to her. He had longer eyelashes than her, which upset her a tad bit. He still looked boyish, as there was no sign of hair growing on his face. Of course, he could have shaved, but she didn't notice any stubble. His hair reminded her of his great-grandfather, Newt Scamander.

He was completely focused on the book in his hands. Most boys didn't like reading. Most preferred quidditch over novels. Lysander licked his lips as he turned the page over. He was completely engrossed in the words in the book. Agnes even believed that he liked reading more than her now.

"What an idiot. He's not even talking to her. He's just reading!" Lorcan whispered from behind a bookcase.

Harmony rolled her eyes. "He's doing what he likes. Leave him alone. Plus, I think Agnes likes that he reads. Look at her. She's even peeking through her own book to steal glances at him."

Lysander closed his book shut, causing Agnes to flinch in shock. He turned toward her and smiled apologetically.

"Sorry 'bout that, Agnes. I just have some business to take care of. I'll be right back," he said.

Agnes watched him curiously as he walked over to the bookcase Lorcan was hiding behind. Lysander reached behind the bookcase and grabbed Lorcan's collar. He let out a choked sound.

"You're choking me," Lorcan gasped.

Lysander pulled him out from the bookcase and let go of his collar. "What in Rowena are you doing?"

"I just...wanted to see how you were doing."

"Because that's believable. You're spying on Agnes and I," Lysander accused.

"No!"

Lysander gave Lorcan a look.

"Yes. All right, but I just wanted to see how you're - you know - doing with her! All I've seen you do is read."

"Because that's what we like to do together," Lysander clarified. "Shouldn't you focus on your own crush on Harmony?"

Lorcan shushed him. "Say that a little louder, why don't you?"

Lysander rolled his eyes. "Get out of here, you git."

Lorcan stuck his tongue out.

"Very mature."