Chapter 5

Chapter 5:

I looked at Emily questionably. She shot me a ‘shut-up-or-I’ll-kill-you-in-your-sleep’ I rolled my eyes.

I stared at my half-bitten donut and stared at it longer…and longer…and longer, till I started to think about my past actions.

‘Beating a teacher through dance competition; almost got killed, being good to my pain-in-the-ass brother, being cheery when my parents died. I lost myself. I don’t know me anymore. Who am i?’

(Who are you? Well, you’re Lyla Bane. The protector of this Earth) a soft female voice entered in my head.

I blinked in surprise as I took another bite on my donut.

‘who are you?’

(who I am is not important. I look forward in meeting you someday, Lyla)

‘but…how do you know my name?’

(Oh everyone knows your name. news spreads like fire, my dear. I only can give you a hint of who I am)

‘Then, who are you?’

(I am a person who will ask help, a person who has white wings. And you’re the person who has my blood)

‘…You’re joking right?’

I chuckled silently, thinking how silly it is, though Emily didn’t turn to me; she was busy watching pretty-boy’s ass… perv.

(Soon you’ll know. I just know) she let out a big sigh.

‘…what are you talking about?’

(When time comes, you’ll know my dear. I’ll see you soon. Goodbye)

‘Wait! Can I ask one more question?’

(Okay) she said...or thought in my head, anyways.

What’s your name?’

She sighed again (haven’t we already been into this?)

‘It’s just a name’

(Fine. I am Charlotte…and I’ll speak no more. It is your job to know me. If you’re wondering I can do this telepathic mind-reading, find me. Just remember the hints I told you. Now Goodbye, my dear)

I sighed.

What does this lady mean?

҉

I parked the car into the garage and got out.

Five things I took note in my mind:

1)      Be rude to my brother, as always.

2)      Do NOT let your social life get to you.

3)      Pray for the souls of my parents.

4)      Do not challenge teachers.

5)      Do well in my studies

Well, at least the ‘don’t make friends’ isn’t in the list.

I pushed myself up to the stairs and went up to my room. I took a bath and changed into clean clothes; wearing my black sleeveless shirt and tight black skinny jeans, put on some brown boots and I’m ready to go.

Today’s theme: The New Badass Girl

Hmmm. I love it.

I closed the door behind me and went into the kitchen. Ryan was already there, eating pancakes. Aunt Lily was nowhere to be found. I sat on the bar stool and grabbed an apple.

“Morning chump!” I greeted coldly.

Ryan flinched “was that supposed to be an insult?”

“What do you think?” I hissed.

“Cranky much?” he muttered.

I got off the bar stool and went into the garage with Ryan trailing behind me.

“What’s with the attitude, sis?” he asked.

“I somehow forgot to hate you, big bro. But I remembered. Thanks!” I slapped at the back of his head.

“OW! What did I do to you?” He growled at me, getting angry.

“Shut up or I’ll be late” and with that I got into the car and drove off to school.

Wow! Nice messing with your brother, Lyla! Really nice.

Once I arrived, every head present turned to look at me. Some wolf whistled. Some glared. Some fainted. Some flirted.

I narrowed my eyes but continued walking to my locker. I found Emily beside my locker, properly waiting for me and when she caught a glimpse of me, her eyes widened and her jaw-dropped.

“Girl, you look hot damn gorgeous!” She exclaimed and added “Nice boots by the way”

“Thanks” I said and opened my locker. I took my first period book and settled it in my backpack.

“So, where’s your brother?” I asked

“He’s somewhere. I think we have Music class with him” she said nonchalantly.

“Oh okay”

But seconds later, a boy-figure appeared in my view. Not just any boy, it was a hot guy.

A very hot guy, to be specific!

I took in his appearance but can detect a resemblance of Emily.

So this must be… her twin brother?

I checked him out until I found his dark brown eyes, which held lust.

Okay, player much?

He was definitely checking me out. I felt myself more uncomfortable.

He reached our place and said “Hi I’m Damen…”

………………………………

So I have finally finished editing this chapter.

Please comment on the changes and whether you think it is better.

Comment, Vote and Fan