Chapter 3

Chapter 3:

Moments later, the limo halted to a stop and almost causing my car to crash; I angrily glared at its back. I signalled my brother’s driver to hurry up before he started driving again once the security gave back his permit.

I can say that the school was huge like the ones you see in movies and compared to my old school it made my old school look like a small pea. The limo stopped in front of the school and all heads snapped to stare. Ryan got out, and not only a second had passed, genders of all kinds were surrounding him!

Someone tapped my windows; I jumped from my seat nervously.

I looked at my car window; I saw my brother smirk at me and signalled me to roll down my windows.

“What?” I asked, annoyed.

His smirk got wider “Don’t you want to park?”

I sighed and nodded “Where the heck is it anyway? This place is just frickin huge!”

“Leave it here, I’ll just let Michael move it” he said.

I looked at him questioningly. He sighed, “Michael’s my driver. Now move” he ordered.

I shook my head. “No to the frickin way!” and drove off. A minute later, I found the parking lot. It was located beside the school, near the outdoor pool. I got out and grabbed my bag. I started walking my way to school when my brother (again) appeared in front of me.

“Now that wasn’t so hard was it?” He cooed.

I slapped at the back of his head, hearing a few gasps from people near. I rolled my eyes. I continued making my way through the double doors with Ryan trailing behind me, carrying my very thick and heavy World Almanac book.

As soon as I walked in, everyone stared at me. I glared at them, causing them to flinch. Whispers came and the only thing that shut them off was when Ryan warningly glared at them. I walked to the office to get my schedules and stuff just before the bell rang.

“Frig! Frig! Frig! I’’m late!” I groaned, holding my map of the school.

“S’kay! I can hold you back when teacher comes” he said and stalked off.

Talk about helping me find where the room is! I thought angrily. I looked at my map and started looking at my schedule. I had first period with Mrs Loyola; English. I looked at my map again.

Now what? Left or Right?’ I thought, clearly confused with my map.

There are arrows everywhere!

I turned to my left and then turned right and right and then left and then another right.

“Wow! That was…long” I mumbled.

I opened the door to see that the class had already started and then all attention turned to me. The teacher smiled kindly. She seems in her early thirty’s and has black hair and unmistakable Asian. She smiled warmly at me.

“Uh…I’m Lyla Bane. I’m new here and sorry I’m late. I kind of got lost” I said, embarrassed.

She nodded, “It’s okay, dear, sit next to John here and we’ll start again” She said and I followed.

“Okay as I was saying; the Dance Department has a project that involves dance competitions and such. Everyone in this class are going to make a 500 word essay about the Dance Competition; maximum to 600 words and minimum to 400 words” Mrs Loyola finished. “Now, chop! Chop! Get to work! And oh! I turned on the Wi-Fi service! So you can research but no cheating!” She added hastily and we cheered.