Chapter 9

Chapter 9

                                                                    *Alix's POV*

                                                                            ~

The boys and I take a break and sit out in the lounge. All we do is talk about the album and then going on tour. That's right, I have to go on tour with these fellas. And we are sharing one big tour bus together. We were told this by Alicia Keys after her phone call. She had said that Dr. Dre made that decision and I think it was a well decision. I decided that after our little talk on the touring thing, I should tell them a small joke since a silence had fallen.

"Guys," I begin, "are y'all afraid of ostriches?"

Zayn just chuckles and looks at me. "What do you mean?"

"Look, I'm just asking. First of all, some people don't know what a ostrich is. It's a big ass bird. It's the same size as me" I say.

The boys chuckle a little. I guess my joke is working so far.

"How are you scared of ostriches?" asks Harry in his soothing voice.

"I was in Nebraska for a show. And I had to pee, so I stopped at the side of the road and hid behind the bushes. And I was done peeing, I looked to my left and saw a big ass ostrich looking at me while I'm peeing" I say. "He was standing one leg, his body was facing forward, but his head was looking at me."

The boys start cracking up. I smile a little.

"I didn't know what was, so I didn't say anything. I got done peeing and my friend came, his name is Diggy Simmons, and he asked me, 'what is that?' and I said, 'I don't know. Might be a big ass man-pigeon'" I say. "He said no it ain't and I said yes. And so, Diggy took an ink pin and threw it at it from the ground. The pin hit the chest of the ostrich and it put its leg down. His body was still facing forward but his head was still facing at me and him."

The boys were laughing a little harder and stopped to hear more. I was glad enough to share more. Louis sat up some more from his seat and almost to the edge of his seat.

"And so, after that, Diggy and I decided to leave like right away because we didn't know what the hell he was thinking. So, we driving- I'm driving at like 30 miles per hour down the road...when all of a sudden, I look out the window of the passenger's side and see in the rear-view mirror, the ostrich. It still stands while running, it's body was forward, but it's head was looking at me and Diggy" I say. The boys start laughing uncontrollably almost and they stop, but only a little. I look at them and I can see that they want more, and so, I go on. "And so, I started getting emotional since I was scared. I was looking at Diggy and was almost crying while saying, 'why did you throw a pin at it? We don't even know what it is? WE DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT IT IS!!'"

I can see by looking at Niall that he is almost in tears due to the laughter. "And Diggy told me to stop bitchin' and to go faster" I say. "I am not bullshitin' when I say that I was driving 60 miles per hour and still the ostrich was running faster. He was still standing with his body forward but his head still looking at me and Diggy."

Now I was almost laughing myself and I straightened myself out and saw Louis holding onto his ribs as he laughed. I smiled a little and went on.

"The main thing that frightened me was that, he was not worried about a wall or another ostrich or a car. All he was doing was looking at me and Diggy with that look as he ran, and he was probably thinking, 'as soon as I get y'all, Imma fuck y'all up for a pin'" I say. "And I told Diggy to apologize since I didn't do anything. But still the ostrich kept chasing us....until it fell down a ditch on the side of the road. Me and Diggy was out, meanwhile, that thing was gone."

The boys' faces turn red from laughter and Harry hits the floor and I see a tear fall down his face. I smile as I help him up. The boys take a few more chuckles and laughs. Then silence, but they still smile.

"You are sure enough funny Alix" says Liam, trying to keep his voice calm from the laughter. The other guys agree.

I find my cheeks redden and blush once Liam makes that statement to me. That's the sweetest thing that anyone has ever said to me. Well, not the sweetest, but the nicest. I then look over and see Alicia Keys walk over to us. She tells us that our tour bus has arrived and that she wishes us luck on tour. We tell her thanks at the same time and I sort of chuckle quietly.

The boys and I got up and walked outside. There, I see a black tour bus with the faces of One Direction on one side and mine on the other. This is custom and I like it.

"Shall we all go in?" asks Louis.

"Oh yes, please" I say with a smile. I don't know why, but Louis sort of chuckles and stops. I wasn't trying to be funny that time. But I guess he found my tone in voice a little sarcastic.

The boys and I all got aboard the bus and inside it was very much like any other tour bus, but to me, a little better. It was big, full of room, and nice looking in luxury.

I make my way over to one of the sofas where I am joined by Louis. He smiles at me and I show a smile back. He seems like a really sweet boy, and they all do. I read the time on my watch. It is only five o' clock and the sky is dark, but a slight sign of sun is shown. I sigh and feel my eyes almost close. I am really tired, I can tell.

I stand to my feet while the guys sit. "I am going to go in one of the rooms that will be mine" I say stepping over their legs as they sit.

Once I am in the back and in the area of where the rooms are, it is like I have entered a house. The back is wide like a hallway. I look on the doors and see that they have slips on each of them. Sticky slips that you would put on a wall like a note. I find my name on a door and realize that this is my bedroom.

Dre. He must have done this. Ha-ha, very funny.

I open and close the door behind me. The room is luxurious as well and wide enough. I strip my clothes off and throw on a silky blue nightshirt with the hem coming down pass my knees and a pair of white socks since I was a little chilly. I put my hair in a simple single braid that came down over my breast and sighed.

I climbed into bed and turned off the lamp light. I then hear rain drops and a streak of lightning is before my eyes as I tuck myself in bed. I bury my face into the pillow a little. I hate and fear thunderstorms.

                                                                       *********

                                                                   *Liam's POV*

My eyes are completely closed and not a single sound but the sound of the thunderstorm occurring, had crossed my ears. My sleep is disturbed when I had heard a sudden knock on my door. I groaned and asked who it was, tiredly. I hate being disturbed in my sleep.

The door opens and I see Alix standing on her toes, leaning forward with her arms slightly extended to her sides. I sit up once I get a glimpse at her. She shyly smiles and asks in a quiet tone if she can sleep in my room with me. Without hesitation and doubt I allow her to. How on earth can I deny a request like that from a beautiful girl like Alix? Insane, I know.

I hear the door close and Alix climbs into the bed. She rests her head down on my chest as I cover us both with the comforter. Her eyes fall shut instantly and she sleeps soothingly. Thunder strikes and Alix's grip on my shirt is tightened. I pull her close as she sleeps. Her cheeks redden once I do and her grip on my shirt is loosened. Did I do that? Maybe, maybe not. A small smile crosses my face as I watch Alix sleep. And then my eyes flutter shut as I hold her and allow her to sleep on me.