Chapter 2

Chapter 2

                                                                         ~Niall's POV~

I am in silent mode and so is everything else. I try to think of lyrics to write to our new song. Not the one with Alix Lapri, but the one for our concert in Denver, Colorado. I try to think of something wonderful and lovey. I guess. I don't want the other guys to get involve in my song writing. Although we are a band, I like doing things solo most of the time. 

I start to think harder.

Ugh! No luck. No good ideas. O Crap!

I put down my notebook and pen onto my bed. I lean back on the wall and rub my eyes with my fingers. A sigh comes out of my mouth as l look over to the grey foggy window. The air is muggy and humid, making it hard for me to breathe in the room. I feel like I am suffocating and running out of air. 

The room is closing in. I have to get out of here. 

I walk out of the bedroom and close the room behind me. I sit down on the settee next to Liam. He is still and silent as he reads a book. I look at the cover. Catching Fire, it reads. A sigh.

Liam looks at me. "What?" he asks.

I shake my head. "Nothing" I say.

Liam chuckles and continues to read Catching Fire. I feel a tug in my throat as our tour bus continues to drive. Somehow, I want it to stop. But I avoid myself from asking the driver to stop. I don't know what it is wrong with me.

Am I sick? A flu? Am I homesick? Am I nervous? What?

Maybe I need to relax a little. The humidity is getting to me,I think.

Louis, Harry and Zayn walk in from their bedroom and sit down on the settee next to one another.

"'Ello" says Louis.

"Hello" Liam and I say.

Zayn speaks.

"We'll be in Columbia for another six hours, so" he says.

I sigh with my mouth closed. They barely hear me. Good.

I stand up. "I will be in the back" I say.

"Doing what?" asks Harry. I turn my attention to him.

"Personal stuff. So, do not disturb. Thank you" I say.

Before any of them can make another word or ask another question, I walk into the bedroom and close the door shut. I need peace and quiet while I write the song.

I start to think about what song to write. I think and think.

The room is less muggy than it was early. I am relieved.

I take my pen and notebook. I tap the pen to the notebook. I start to hear a rhythmic beat to it. It is uplifting, in beat, and a little fast. It speaks to me somehow. I don't stop myself from tapping. Instead, I reach for another pen and tap it along with the first one. Same pace. Same rhythm. Same beat.

Amazing!

I then stop tapping my pen and write down the lyrics to our new song.

                                                                       ~Zayn's POV~ 

I start to wonder what was going on with Niall. I keep my thoughts to myself and don't share it with anyone but myself. I look at the guys.

Liam is silent as he reads a book. Harry and Louis don't say anything to each other or to me. We all have a moment of silence.

I look at my wrist watch.

The time is two-fourteen in the afternoon. We will be in Columbia for six hours. Arg!

I sit back in the settee and sigh. My mouths is closed so I know that the others can't hear me.

Louis looks at me and speaks.

"Six hours you said?" he asks. I look at him.

"Um, yeah. Another six hours" I repeat.

He looks down starts fooling around with a rubber band. I scoot over away from him a bit without him noticing. If I am plucked with that thing, I will get angry. I do have a little bit of hostility. So do the others. We all do.

Liam takes his eyes off his book for a minute. I can tell that he is looking at me.

"I wonder if Niall is feeling okay" he says. This time looking at all of us.

"What do you mean?" I ask. My voice is very quiet at the end of my sentence. I am a little worried about Niall too.

"I mean, he seemed sad and...Un-Niallish" he says.

Un-Niallish, I think, Niall has all types of sides of him. It's hard to tell what is wrong with him.

I keep my thoughts to myself. I don't wish for any of them to hear what I am thinking. My thoughts stay in one place. My mind. That's all. Nowhere else.

"I'm sure he's okay" says Harry. "After all, this Niall. He's the bubbly one."

There was a moment of agreement between us all.

Harry is right. Niall is the smiley-bird in the band. He'll get over himself or what is bothering him.

I think.