6. Trace

~~~Flashback~~~

"I think we should frame this" I tapped the screen as Trace laughed "really?"

"Yeah...you look so hot" I smirked as I gazed at the picture. Trace was a male model & with his six abs & man bun, he looks no lesser than a Greek god. He kissed the back of my neck "I love you" as I turned around & kissed him "I love you".

"Love birds, we are running late" James announced as he walked down the stairs "Your the one who took an hour, to get ready" I looked at him.

"It was the hair" he huffed as he gazed one last time into the mirror.

"It looks fine girl, come on" I called as I tossed Trace the car keys "I should have sticked to the blonde, this pink hair is so Nikki" James complained as he locked the door behind. It was Nikki's 25th birthday party & we were already running late & the traffic here in LA was the worst "shit!" James cursed.

"What?" I looked at him from the side view mirror.

"I left our gift" he growled.

"Shall we turn around to grab it?" Trace looked at me as I responded "no, we are already late".

"Nikki, is calling" James announced as he picked up her call.

"I'm sure she's pissed" Trace chuckled.

"You think?" I laughed. James hanged up the phone & stretched his neck forward "we need to hurry up, the princess is upset".

"On it" Trace exhaled. We were already an hour late as we reached the birthday party Nikki had that frown on her face, how can her two best buddies be late on her birthday. We both apologised as she just ignored us, that was how Nikki always was but she comes around so it was cool.

"Trace" a lady walked towards us, she looked like she was in her 40's "how have you been?" She embraced him as she gave him a peck on his cheek "it's been long".

"Oh...Sarah, right?" Trace gave an uneasy expression "it's Sally, you silly boy" she grinned.

"Oh, sally" Trace laughed nervously "this is my girlfriend here, Aurora" he introduced as Sally looked at me "girlfriend, I didn't know...I'm, Sally Smith" she introduced herself as we shook hands "you got yourself a price here". Whom was she referring as a price me or Trace I couldn't tell.

"Yeah, she's great" Trace chuckled as he put his arms around me "whenever your free, give me a call...we have some unfinished business" she gazed at Trace as she handed him her card & left.

"Who is she?" I asked.

"A photographer" Trace replied.

"Let me guess in her 40's single, cat lady" I looked at him "you got that right" he sounded impressed.

"Why don't you go & grab a drink, I've to make up with the birthday girl" I said.

"You sure do, go ahead" he pulled me into a warm kiss, then left for the bar. Nikki finally forgave us for being late & we cut her cake together, had shots, danced our asses off but in the process I forgot all about Trace & when I went looking for him he was no where to be found & even his phone was off. Me & James caught a cab back home cos we both were wasted as hell, it was 4am in the morning when we crashed in the living area.