It takes me a little longer to become motivated to do the voice overs. I also have to get up and grab the mic from the kitchen and because I'm there, I stand at the kitchen island and go through the notes before doing them.

It's surprising how much I cover in the episodes, from introductions to evidence to finally the equipment we use.  So with over three episodes to cover, getting my head in the game was important.

****

"Because Aaron is feeling this, he decides to turn on the spirit box. Get ready to hear an absolutely incredible response to his question. This is known as an intelligent spirit."  I speak into the microphone, watching my sound waves map onto the screen.

I stop the recording just as a hand rubs across my back, making me look over to see Elle looking at the screen.

"Hey."

"Well hey there." She smiles. "So this is the voice overs huh?"

"Yeah. These are the soundwaves of my voice, they are recorded here, then laid over the footage so that it plays in time with the footage for the audience." I tell her, sighing as she rubs my shoulders for a little while.

"Looks technical."

"Not really. Not after doing it for so long. You finished work already?" I ask.

"Yep. I just came to see where you disappeared to."

I look down at the notes on my screen, wondering how I can put them off.

"Ah.. You do them," She points. "I'm going to sit in the garden whilst you work."

"You don't have to do that." I answer, feeling the loss as her hand falls away.

She walks over to the fridge and grabs two bottles of water. "I do. You need to work, I've done mine and I am not going to distract you from yours."

Elle slides me a bottle across the counter before pointing between me and the laptop. Before she can escape, I grab her wrist and pull her between me and the kitchen island. "Stay."

"You have to work." She answers leaning back against my chest.

"I can work around you."

"You could... But you're not. I am not going anywhere, apart from the garden, which you can see out the window."

I grumble and push my head over her shoulder, inhaling along the side of her neck as I do, just to prove I can work with her here.

Elle watches as I tap the keyboard and hit record, wrapping my arm around her to keep her still with me.

"We now capture a deep voice that appears to be saying 'evil'."

When I hit stop, I watch her in the laptop screen smile. "Okay, show me what I need to press and we can do them, together."

I try to hide the megawatt smile I must have across my face as she elbows me gently. "We need to relocate too."

As you can expect, I follow as she picks up the laptop and the microphone before taking them into the lounge and putting them on the coffee table. She sits on her knees before patting the floor beside her.

I put the waters down and climb in the space behind her, rather than the space beside her, once I'm settled and she is sat between my legs, I pull her back against me. "That's better."

"We got a clinger!" She teases me.

I don't care, whilst she is here, I want her within arms reach, at all times.