A Wedding to Remember

And they were right, everything really was going to be alright. One of the first things that the young fiances did was call up Penny and Shep. They were able to skype them on Baz's laptop. When they finally got to pick up, they were met with an annoyed Penny and a slightly embarrassed Shep. Guess they interrupted something important for the two of them. "What?" Penny asked over the line. It wasn't until then that they noticed that Penny's glasses were crooked, and that Shep's face was blood red. They also took into account the wrinkled state of their clothes. Whoops. The two of them could tell that they had really pissed her off by calling. Yep, they really interrupted something alright. "Sorry, Penn." Simon said. "We didn't mean to interrupt, but we have some very important news to tell you two." "What is it?" Shep asked from behind Penny. He seemed to be very curious as to what it was that they had to tell him. And Penny was wearing a look of understanding on her face now. Simon saw the way that her eyes lit up. She figured out why they called, but she's still unaware that they have another surprise in store for her.

"OH MY GOD!" Penny screeched on the other end of the line. "You said yes!" Everyone recoiled a little bit at the volume of her excitement. Simon and Baz were smiling at each other and shared a knowing look. Shep was just giving everyone a confused look. He knew that all of them knew something that he didn't. But he didn't mention it, he knew that his friends were telling him in their own time, he just had to wait. But he hoped that they would tell them all soon. "Yes, I said yes." Baz told her. "Thank you for pointing that fact out Bounce." "Don't get cheeky with me Basil." Penny chatisited him. "I told Simon that he was being an idiot for thinking that you'd tell him no." And she then went on a very, very long rant about the two of them. When Penny wanted to rant, she did and depending on how worked up she could get, they could last hours, upon hours on end. The gist of it all though was that the two of them were complete and utter idiots.

"That's nice and all Penny." Shep told her. "But I would like to know the context of all of this, please." He asked her. And it was like a lightbulb went off in her head. "Oh right!" She exclaimed. "We haven't told Shep yet!" "I actually thought that you would have told him before we called." Simon said. "I wasn't going to go around and spill my best friend's secrets." Penny said. "Not that I don't trust you Shep, I just couldn't take the chance that Baz might find out if I told you." "That's fair, but what was so important that you didn't want Baz to find out?" Shep questioned them. "I asked Baz to marry me about 20 minutes ago and he said yes." Simon said. Shep's smile was even brighter than Penny's was. "Oh my gosh! That's great you two, congratulations!" Shep told them. "I'm so happy for you two, if there's anyone in the world who deserves it then it's you guys." "Thank you Sheppard." Baz said. "That means a lot to us, it really does." Simon moved to put his arms around Baz's shoulder and leaned in to give him a chaste kiss on the lips. Penny and Shep mirrored their positions on the other end of the line. They were very, very happy for their friends, they deserved this.

"So, um we decided to call you for more than just one reason." Simon explained when everything calmed down. He could tell that he had already piked Penny's and Shep's interest. "Oh, pray tell, what is it?" Penny asked. "You didn't mention anything else besides the fact that you didn't know how you were going to propose." And Simon could tell that by the tone of her voice that she was worried about them. Simon knew that Penny would immediately jump to the conclusion that something was wrong with either of them. She really was going to lose it when they told her the truth. Baz and Simon looked at each other, before turning their attention back to the matter at hand. "Well, don't worry about anything, because this is good news too." Simon said. "Well, what is it then?" Penny asked, and they could all tell that she was worried and that if anyone didn't tell her something soon she was going to lose it. "Ok, but remember, you were asking for it Bounce." Baz told her jokingly. "I'm pregnant." And they thought that Penny screamed loud the first time.