Pushing Onwards By KapUnivers

Ah! Pushing Onwards! What a great fic!

An AU where Deku becomes the first Quirkless Hero. Man, I love this one a lot.

The writing is actually pretty decent and believable without sounding overly forced and out of character. The characters were very well developed, my favorite being Izuku (shocker) but the way he was written felt believable. The upside of Deku being quirkless is that you can relate to him even more since he lives in a world full of powers when he has none, and people in real life don't have any powers. This builds a very strong bond between the reader and Izuku since it makes the reader want to root for Izuku to succeed because the readers can see themselves as Izuku.

Him being told he can't be a Hero by All Might and was about to give up until he realized something. If people can't tell him he can achieve his dream, he'll make it and take it for himself. That was a strong declaration and feels very inspiring. And He does this by making the ODM gear from Attack On Titan which was an awesome move since there aren't many Attack On Titan elements in MHA Fanfics surprisingly and plus Deku can go hack and slash enemies at blinding speeds which is always a treat.

Also, we got Dadzawa here. That's always a big bonus. But seriously though, Aizawa was an amazing character here. While All Might told Izuku he can't be a hero, Aizawa told him that he can. That was so moving and sweet. Granted, he said that's it's possible for him to be a small hero, that fact still stands that he told Izuku that he can be a Hero and that's what stood out the most.

And let's Talk about Bakugou. Well, he's very unlikeable at the very start (unsurprisingly). But later as the story develops, he's gotten better and became likable, he even stopped calling him Deku which was surprising.

Now for All Might. He starts out as an unlikeable guy right off the bat kinda like in canon but this explores it even more by him trying to apologize to Deku but struggles. And when he's finally forgiven, the feels were felt. It was a moment done right.

And Now for Ochako. She's basically her canon self but sweeter and can be scary if she gets angry. She's really sweet in this fanfic so I have nothing to add to it than that.

Believe it or not, Izuocha isn't the main ship target of this fanfic and I find that very appealing since it allows more character development on more of the characters and storytelling than focusing solely on the main two characters' feelings and how they get together. Nothing bad about that but it's nice to see this take a different route. Plus, it is a story of how Deku became the first Quirkless Hero.

And now the action. It's pretty darn great and is extremely creative, especially with Izuku. Him being quirkless allows the writer to be more imaginative and pull some twists that readers will not see coming. And the Final Fight at the end is easily the best fight of the whole book and is easily one of my favorite fanfiction fights ever in existence.

I highly recommend reading it. Its' really great to read!