Chapter 20- December

Start from the beginning

"Okay, I am just going to guess this is not the first time you have been drunk." She was directing her words towards me. "I am completely disap-"

"Mutter! Please! The family is driving me insane!" He explained and took a drag.

"That is no excuse. No excuse," She said, her voice still strong and angry. "I have been waiting up for you two! I do not appreciate this! Not one bit!"

"Ach?" Zach said, staring at her. "I was not expecting you to."

"Zach. How can you be so disrespectful to your family?" She asked, sounding drained.

"Me?" He snorted angrily. "Vater is the disrespectful one! But oh no- not to his family! He is only disrespectful to your family!" He spat bitterly before taking another drag.

"Enough!" She growled. I looked over to see him ash his cigarette and let it rest in the ashtray. "That is no way to speak of your Vater!"

"I can speak however I fucking like about him," He concluded snappily. Claud shook her head slowly. "Stop defending him, Mutter! Please!" He growled. "The only reason you are mad about it is because you know it is true!" She was still shaking her head.

"You are acting just like him," She growled. Zach squinted, his eye brows furrowed, at her.

"What did you say...?" He asked darkly.

"You heard me." She held his gaze. I was startled by Zach suddenly letting out a yell, followed by his fist pounding against the table. I looked over to see the plastic ashtray was broken, and when he lifted his fist there was a smashed cigarette beneath it. There was silence for a moment.

"Now look what you made me do! You made me pop my fuckin' cherry!" He said loudly. About two seconds after that he burst out in laughter. I couldn't help but laugh as well. He covered his face with one hand and gripped onto his hair, still laughing. Hell, we laughed for a while about it.

"Oh, my god, Zach...," Claudia spoke sadly. "You need to help yourself out for once.. You make me sick."

"Yes, well, if I am acting like Deron then you should be sickened by me!" He said, once again, like a smart ass.

"Stop speaking of him like that!" She demanded.

"NO!" He yelled. "Stop telling me what to do! I am twenty two fucking years old!" He growled. "And stop defending him!" I was so confused. When Zach snapped, he snapped... and there was pretty much no stopping it.

"Yes, you are definitely turning into him more than I thought..."

"NEIN!" He yelled, standing. "I am not becoming like the one fucking person in this world who has caused me more pain than anything else possibly could!" He yelled, gripping onto the table for support. I could hardly keep track of what was going on.

"God dammit, Zach!" Claudia yelled, stomping her foot on the ground. I was beginning to really get uncomfortable, so I stood. It was a bad idea because I ended up getting dizzy and sitting right again almost immediately. "All I wanted to do was have a nice visit! But, no! I have not had one this horrible since, well... since you can six damned years ago!"

"Then maybe I should leave again!" He moved his arms dramatically as he spoke. "Would that make shit easier for you!?" He leaned in closer to her as he yelled. She said nothing and didn't flinch. "Ach. Nobody wants me, Mutter, why not have you join the damn group?"

"That is not true! That is not true, and you know it!" She yelled.

"Ha! I... Fuck!" He hissed and swayed backwards slightly before gaining his composure and leaning onto the table again. "I want to go home! My fucking home, eight years ago!" He poked his chest when he said 'my'. She shook her head and sighed.