Chapter 3 - A promise of friendship

Thank you guys for reading my story and supporting me.

The next day at school:-

Ochako POV:-

I enter the class to see the boy sleeping on his desk. I sit at my place beside him.

I notice that there is something under my desk. It was a chocolate bar and a note with it.

' Thank you very very much for saving my life. I honestly can't thank you enough for what you did. The least I can do for you now is give this chocolate. 

I would like to thank you personally for what you did for me. So can you meet me outside at the end of school. '

I watch him sleeping on the desk. He had a peaceful expression on his face. 

'I can't believe that this is the same boy who tried to commit suicide. He must have suffered a lot to do something like that. Maybe he might have also tried to hurt himself to reduce the pain '  

I ponder over these thoughts when I realise that I didn't even know his name. I will ask him when I meet him.

Later after school ends:-

Izuku POV:-

I wait outside the gate of school for her. 

" Hey Deku. There you are " she shouts running towards me.

" Actually my name is Izuku Midoriya. Please call me Midoriya "

" Sorry, that blonde kid called you that so I assumed that it was your name "

" Don't worry about it. I just wanted to thank you for saving my life yesterday. I don't know how I can repay for what you did for me. If you want anything or want any help you can just ask me anytime. It's the least I can do for you "

" Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you " I bow down repeatedly thanking her.

" I am sorry for laughing but it was just funny to watch you thanking me like that. It looked more like an apology " she says laughing like crazy.

" By the way, I think you can do something for me but it will be hard at first but I think you will be able to do it " she says in a little serious tone.

I gulp the saliva down my throat hesitating a bit but I know that I will not turn down her request when I asked her to do so.

" I will do anything you ask for " I reply.

" Okay so my request is that I want to see you happy and remain silly like this " she giggled saying the last part.

I couldn't believe my ears at what I heard. Even though she risked her life to save me, she is asking me to become happy. After all this, she is still trying to help me. Just how pure is her heart and soul.

" And I also want you to become a hero. I know I am asking a lot but I will help you to complete my request. We can become hero together and we might work together " she continues.

" So can we now become friends " she asks smiling.

" Are you sure you want to be friends with me, a quirkless. If you become friends with me then the others will leave you. They might treat you like they treat me. You have done enough for me. I don't want you to sacrifice anymore " I warn her as I don't want her to do anything for me anymore. I am already in great debt for what she did for me yesterday. But there was a part of me who wanted her to become my friend.

" Whether you are quirkless or not, you are a kind boy first. And who wants to be friends with those who care about whether you have a cool quirk or not. They don't care about their friends. How can someone care about their friends when they don't do anything and laugh when someone is getting bullied. I don't want to become friends with someone like that. Whether you like it or not we are friends now " she says with the biggest smile I had ever seen.

I fell tears coming out of my eyes. I don't know why but I can't control my tears.

" I am really sorry. Did I say something wrong? Are you okay? Please stop crying " she approaches me trying to comfort me.

" I am fine. It's just that nobody had ever cared for me or tried to do something for me in my life except for my mother. I am just so happy that I can't seem to stop my tears " I say trying to hold my tears.

" Ok but please stop crying. You look really funny. If you stay like this then I won't be able to control my laughter. You really can make someone laugh. Are you sure you don't have a laughter based quirk? " she says trying her best to not to laugh.

" I am sorry for the bad joke but I just wanted to make you laugh. But you didn't even crack a smile. Was my joke really that bad? " she asked a little disappointed.

" No, it was a good joke. It's just that I hadn't laughed or smiled since I found out that I was quirkless. I know it may sound weird but I kind of forgot how to smile " I try my best to form a smile but fail miserably.

( I know some people will understand from where I was inspired for the dialogue. Write it down in the comments. Now I will take my leave  ;D )

" I am sorry to hear that, but now that I am your friend I promise to make you smile. Pinky promise " she held out her pinky finger.

" Aren't we a little big for a pinky promise " 

" It's not about whether we are old for a pinky promise or not. It's about the promise you dummy " she says with a pout.

" Pinky promise " I locked my pinky finger into hers.

" Now that it's a promise lets walk together. Your house is near mine by the way. If you are comfortable why don't we hang out together today " 

" Okay "

She starts walking. It feels like a good dream from which I am going to wake up soon. I don't want to end this dream if this is a dream.

" Are you coming or not? " she asks.

I snap out of my thoughts and run towards her.

Towards my new life

Hey readers. It's your tired writer here.

I don't know if you liked this chapter or not but personally, I feel that it wasn't as good as the previous chapter. Don't worry, the next chapter will be good.

And in the next chapter All Might will finally enter the story.

Yayyy!!!

And special thanks to Flmatheus for being the first to vote the story and showing his support. I appreciate your support.

Now I may enter my sleeping bag to rest (-_-)