Chapter 2 - A light in darkness

The next day:-

Izuku POV:-

I was walking along the park going back to home after shopping. I suddenly hear someone crying in the park. I see that Kacchan is bullying a boy a little younger than us probably. I try to ignore it but that one good part in me screamed to help him. I ran and stood in front of the boy. Kacchan is surprised to see me standing there in front of him.

"What are to trying to do here Deku " he yells.

"Why are you bullying this kid. You should just stop doing things like this" I said angry with him.

"Huh. It's none of your business besides the kid you are trying to protect left you and ran away. Even those who need help don't want a quirkless to help them. Stop trying to act like a hero. I can beat you right now but let me give you a tip. Why don't you just jump from a bridge? Maybe then you will be able to have a quirk in your next life and become a hero. You would also help us by removing yourself from our life. Now move out from my sight you stain to the society " he shouts leaving the park.

I stood there thinking about what he told me.

' Maybe he is right. I am just trying to chase after a goal that I can never achieve '

' Maybe this is the way to end my pain and hope to get a quirk in the next life '

' Yes this is the way '

I started to head back home. All the thoughts roaming in me. I was snapped out of the thoughts by the sound of flowing water. I noticed that I had unconsciously taken a detour and reached the bridge.

' Maybe this is what I really want '

' A way to escape my life '

A few moments earlier:-

Ochako POV:-

As I was walking along the park I heard someone crying. I entered the park to investigate what is happening. I saw that the green haired boy is standing in between a boy and the blonde haired boy from school. I watched as the green haired boy was trying to protect the kid but he left him alone with the blonde boy. I felt disgusted hearing the conversation.

How can anybody tell someone to commit suicide like it was nothing. The blonde boy left him and he just stood there as if thinking of doing such a thing.

' I need to follow him to make sure he doesn't do anything foolish. I need to help him now, whether he likes it or not '

I followed him and saw him heading towards the bridge. The thing I feared became true. He was standing on the edge of the bridge.

Izuku POV:-

I was standing on the edge of the bridge. I looked down and noticed how high I was standing from the ground. There is very less chance that I would survive the fall.

I was still deciding whether this is the way. My legs and arms were getting weak and shaking like crazy. My emotions were all jumbled up. I felt scared, sad, happy and relieved all at the same time.

I closed my eyes to think clearly. I remembered how my life was good. I had friends with whom I played all day. Everything was going perfectly until that day. The day I found out I was quirkless everything I wanted was taken away from me. My dream of becoming a hero like All Might. My friends also abandoned me. All the pain I had to go through every day.

I finally decided and took a deep breath. I faced the bridge to fall with my back downward. I wanted to see the sky as the last thing I would ever see. I let go of the bridge and started to fall backward. Now there is no going back. I was feeling scared but was also happy that my sufferings are going to end. I will not have to feel this pain every day.