Chapter 23

And I'm back... I'm awesome, right? :D

Just as promised, this chapter will be full of devious plotting. My suggestion would be to tighten your seat belts.. Why, you ask? Wellllll, this roller-coaster ride is about to get a hell more interesting and exciting.

Read Away and Enjoy!

Until then...

Laters, Baby.

-------------------------------------------------------

Uhhh, I forgot to mention...

James Marsden as Alan Roy on the side!

------------------------------------------------------

"You want Emilia. And I want something from her that is mine." - Sydney

-----------------------------------------------------

Alan Roy felt defenseless as he stepped onto the cracked linoleum of the dilapidated warehouse. The distinctive odour of rats and rusty nails filled the room as he walked, ever so cautiously, to the other end, where he saw an old worn out mahogany desk with two chairs across from each other. A pretty blonde was already settled in the main chair, tapping away on a cellphone.

Alan hadn't met his recruiter before today. Around a week or so back, he had received a phone call asking him to dig into the life of someone. The job would've been pretty easy for a private investigator as good as him, but there was a slight problem. Alan was asked to follow around a Kingston. Emilia Kingston. When he was first told the name, he had an overwhelming urge to refuse the task, and he would have, but he was getting paid a hell of a lot money for it. So, he accepted.

But the eerie feeling that he was experiencing on being in the same room as this blonde, Alan knew he was in trouble and that he should not have agreed to the job.

Perching himself on the vacant chair, Alan squirmed uneasily. The wooden seat he was sitting on, squeaked in protest under his movements; catching the attention of the woman.

Snapping her head in his direction, she glowered him down. But, Alan was too stunned to react. She was pretty all right, but that is not what had him in a daze. No, it was the realization of exactly who she was that elicited such a reaction from him.

"What did you find?" Her viciously cold voice snapped him out of his trance, sending a chill of terror down his spine.

"Ms. K..Ki..Kingston?" Alan stammered out.

"Sydney." She snapped again, holding out her right hand, palm up.

Heaving out a laboured breath, Alan placed the folder in Sydney's extended hand, his own shaking.

Alan watched as Sydney Kingston's frown deepened with each page that she turned. The more she tensed, the more anxious Alan got. Though he was confused as to why Sydney wanted information found out on her own sister, he couldn't bring himself to question her motives out loud. He was shit scared at the moment.

"Fucking hell!" Sydney screeched in a shrill voice.

Wide-eyed, Alan leaned back in his chair to get as far away from her as he could.

"I hope for your sake, Mr. Roy, that what you've found out is one-hundred percent correct."

Gulping, he nodded. "The photographs will back up my thesis."