Two

Nick Bateman as Christopher Grey on the side!

----------------------------------------------

"Let's get going, baby." - Christopher

----------------------------------------------

Meanwhile in San Francisco, Alexander was losing his mind ever since David had called informing him about Emilia. A part of him was happy to hear that Emilia wouldn't marry that good-for-nothing-asshole.

Emilia was the best, most compassionate person Alexander had ever had the privilege to meet. She was beautiful, inside-out. Her only flaw was her lack of ability to forgive and forget. If someone ever wronged her or the people she loved, they were out of her life in a flash, and she never even looked back in their direction.

'And boy, could she hold a grudge' Alexander thought recalling the memory from 10 years ago. At the age of 15, he was a little on the chubbier side. Victoria Kingston had insulted him, calling him fat and how no one would like to be associated with the likes of him, and also that he would never find a girl for himself, rather his parents would have to pay any female to even be with him. He ran away from there, but on his way out of their house, Emilia saw him.. upset and on the verge of tears. After a lot of questioning on her part, and resisting on his, he finally told her the entire matter. That was the day Emilia stopped talking to her mother. And till date, she barely acknowledged her.

That was the kind of friendship they had.

Back to Emilia refusing to marry that jerk-face, Liam, even though a part of him was happy, he was also upset, because he knew that Emilia had to have some genuine feelings for Liam as he was the only guy who was able to change her views when it came to men, even if Alexander, and even David, were never that fond of him. And for her to break-off the engagement, something bad must've happened. Like really bad. And what was worse was Emilia ignoring his calls.

Entering David's office, he saw Liam sitting on the couch, fuming. David and Matthew were standing nearby, deep in conversation.

Alexander went up to Liam, grabbed his collar and pulled him up.

"What the fuck did you do?" Growled Alexander.

Cowering slightly, Liam replied, "I didn't do anything. When I returned home from a meeting, I saw her engagement ring on the kitchen counter, but she was no where to be found. I called her a number of times, but was greeted only by the voicemail. And then David called me, asking me to meet him at his office."

Taylor, the Kingston's head of security entered the office after knocking.

"Sir, the media is flocking outside the office building. They want to talk to Ms. Kingston and Mr. Parker. They want a statement on why the engagement was called off."

"WHAT?! How the fuck does the media know about this?!" Screamed Liam.

A glare from Alexander, David and Taylor shut him up though.

"Ask them, very politely, to vacate my property, or they will be seeing charges for trespassing, property damage and harassment." David's voice rang out. "And tell them that Emilia and Liam are not ready to give a statement just yet."

Everyone knew that David was not a media person, always keeping his personal life out of the public eye. And he made sure that his family was kept out of the frame, too. At least he tried. It was a task in itself keeping in mind that his wife and their elder daughter loved the attention as much as they liked splurging money. Though, he was definitely glad that he managed to keep Emilia far away from the tabloids, not like she wanted her name splashed over. And on the off occasion when the scavengers managed to get past the barriers and capture any of her moments, the material was bought and destroyed by his security personnel. In fact, he had planned to officially introduce Emilia for the first time to the media when she took over his company. And the only reason Emilia's engagement had to be publicly called off was because it had been announced to the channels by Liam's father the moment he got the news. And as per reports, after the broadcast, Parker & Sons share prices had skyrocketed overnight. 'Bloody money-hungry-scoundrels' David thought to himself.