Eight

"I'm here on invitation." - Daniel

--------------------------------------------

Tightening his hold on Emilia, Christopher went rigid. And the look of pure anger on Alexander's face after seeing Daniel, did not help him either.

"Who the fuck let you in?!" Boomed Alexander, catching the attention of few of the guests.

Smirking, Daniel cockily replied, "I'm here on invitation."

"I'm uninviting you. Leave." Alexander said, lowering his voice to avoid any scene, but with the anger still evident.

"I will. I just wanted to talk to Emilia once."

Just hearing him say Emilia's name, Christopher's irritation and anger flared. "Well, you can't."

By this point Emilia was pissed. Not only did she have to deal with an over-protective Alexander, but an over-possessive Christopher as well. Getting out of Christopher's hold, Emilia turned towards Daniel, "Of course we can talk, Daniel.." As soon as these words were out of her mouth, both Alexander and Christopher stood frozen in shock. "Would you like to go somewhere a little less.. crowded?" she asked, giving both Alexander and Christopher a pointed look. 

Nodding his head, Daniel gestured for Emilia to lead the way. She'd just taken one step towards the direction of the veranda when a hand stopped her from going further.

"Who is this son of a bitch?! And why do you need to talk to him alone?" Christopher whisper-growled in her ear.

"You don't own me Christopher. No one does. So do not go acting like you have a say in my life." Emilia said coldly. "We have literally just spent a weekend together... and now this?"

Hearing that, Christopher's face became impassive..his eyes turned cold and he removed his hand from hers, as if he was burned. Realizing her mistake, Emilia regretted the words and went to apologize, but it was too late. The damage was already done.

"Christopher.. I'm really sor..."

"It's okay Emilia. I understand." Nodding his head he turned towards the door to leave.

Feeling another hand touch her arm, Emilia came out of her reverie.

"Let's go Emilia." Daniel said.

Nodding her head, she started walking... regret still washing over her, with Daniel following behind.

Reaching the veranda, she turned towards him. "What did you want to talk about?"

"Emilia, I'm sure you must be aware about why I was in your office the other day. I was wondering if...."

But, seeing Christopher standing beside his car with Alexander talking to him, Emilia lost every ounce of interest in whatever Daniel had to say.

Coming to a sudden decision, she cut Daniel off while he was speaking something along the lines of getting to know each other. "I'm sorry, but I need to go. It's urgent. I'll talk to you later!" and she fled, not giving him an opportunity to say anything. She half-ran-half-walked towards where Christopher was.

Christopher was hurt. Deeply. The words Emilia spoke to him pierced his heart. He wanted her in his life, more than anything he'd ever desired. But not at the cost of his pride.

Waiting while the valet brought his car, he heard someone call out to him.

"Dude. What the hell happened in there? Why'd you walk out like that?"