The First Battle

Your POV~

      "HOT!!" I whisper-shouted as my feet touched the ground. I hopped from one foot, onto the other. "Hot, hot, h-" A bullet whizzed right towards me. I jumped to the side and looked over to where the bullet had come from. "Reason #2 I hate desert." I grumbled as I equiped my sword. Another bullet came by me but this time I was ready. The blade of the sword materialized as the bullet flew towards me and dropped onto the sand in two pieces. I started walking towards the player, slicing and dodging each bullet he shot. I sighed and drew my pistol. I shot his arm and as he was stunned, I raced towards him at full speed. Just as I was about to bring my sword onto him, he shot a pistol, like mine, aiming at my head. My eyes grew wide for a minute and I moved on time but the bullet sliced against my cheek. I faltered for a moment. "Don't you ever remind me of that." I growled in a low voice as I put a hand on my cheek. Flashbacks of those awful horrid memories came back to me. Asuna and Kirito. Oberon. The blood. The whispers. The painful tears. The warmth of his hand... I gripped the hilt of my sword and looked down at the player with no emotion visible on my face.

Kirito's POV~

        I had already finished my battle and was watching (y/n) on the screen. The other player shot a pistol at her head and it grazed her cheek. (Y/n) placed a hand over the wound and I could faintly hear her say, "Don't you ever remind me of that." She paused for a minute, a pained look crossing her face for a breif second. Then expressionless. Her hand that was on the hilt tightened and her sword trembled with rage and fear. I could see tears forming in her eyes. "(Y/n)..." I whispered. She brought the sword down onto his arm and sliced it off. The other fell to the ground too, red shards floating into the air. Her (h/c) hair flipped through the wind, (e/c) eyes filled with pain. The glowing blade made its way right through his head as he dispersed in a flash of light. (Y/n) fell to the ground and was then teleported to the waiting area where I was. She was still on her knees, her face down, hand still on her cheek. I ran over to her.

Your POV~

        I could faintly hear footsteps coming towards me as I was deep in thought. "(Y/n)!" I heard. I slowly looked up, tears threatening to fall. I looked into Kirito's dark eyes. I tried for a smile but a tear fell just as a painful memory flashed. I cursed under my breath and looked down. Kirito faintly chuckled and hugged me. I gripped his black coat and sobbed. He pulled away and looked at me. I wiped the tears and met his eyes with my own. He started to lean forward but I placed my hand onto his lips. He shyly chuckled and helped me up. "Forgot about that." He said, a nervous smile on his face, hand on neck. I wiped away the last tear and laughed. "Thanks, Kirito."