The World of Guns

Your POV~

       I was sitting on a bench at a park, waiting for Kirito. I looked up as an orange leaf fell into my hands. "What's the difference between the real world and virtual one..." I muttered. "The amount of information, that's all." Someone answered. I looked up and saw a raven-color haired boy with matching dark eyes. He was wearing all black today. "That brings back memories..." I said as he placed his hand on the back of his neck. "Same with you..." he chuckled as he looked at my orange-red sweater and skirt. We laughed and he kissed me on the cheek. "Anyways...Hey (y/n)!" he told me, smiling. "Hello Kirito!" I giggled.

       We walked hand in hand around the park. "It kind of reminds me of floor 47: Floria." I laughed as we passed a garden of flowers. "You're right." Kirito chuckled and he told me wait. When he came back, we was holding a rose. It had white petals and placed it behind my left ear. "There we go." he smiled. "Thank you~!" I said as I smiled back.

       After a while of walking around and laughing, we sat in the grass and I layed my small back-pack down beside me. "So (y/n), how are your studies going?" Kirito asked me. I was studying mechotronics with him. "Actually it's going pretty good, how about you?" I answered. He looked down to the ground and faintly blushed. "I'm going to need to study with you again..." I giggled and ruffled his hair. "You sure you're not just trying to peek at my drawing?" He smiled at me then laughed, "Well, that's part of it." His stomach growled a few moments later and we laughed in union. I pulled two sandwiches out of my back-pack and handed him one. After taking a bite, his eyes sparkled merrily and he looked up at me. "This is better than the others~!! How is that possible?!" Kirito questioned. I crossed my arms and grinned at him. "Because I'm an amazing cook~!" I laughed. He nodded in agreement and finished his sandwich. "That's for sure!" he told me.

Kirito's POV~

~Flashback: About 4 Hours Earlier~ 

      I was walking with (y/n) into a fancy restraunt. We were meeting with the leader of the response team, Kikuoka Seijirou, Virtual Division. "Kirito! (Y/n)! Over here!" he called and waved over to us. (Y/n) and I looked at each other and sweat dropped. We then walked over to the table and sat down. "I'll pay, so order whatever you want." he told us. (Y/n) and I grinned. "I'll do that, then. Thank you very much." We said in union. We grabbed a menu and looked at it. "How do I pronounce those name...?" I heard (y/n) whisper. I chuckled and the waiter came by to take our order. "She'll have a parfait au chocolat. And I'll have the framboise mille-feuille and a hazelnut latte." I told him. Once he had walked away, (y/n) smiled, thanking me. I smiled back at her. "Sorry to bring you two all the way here." he said. "It's fine, though we already told you everything we know about SAO." (y/n) told him. "Actually, I wanted to discuss something else today. Look at this." Seijirou said as he handed us a file of some sort. "Who's this?" I asked him, looking at the picture. "Last month, on November 14th, the landlord of Nakano, Tokyo apartment building smelled something while cleaning. They got worried and opened the electronic lock on the door and discovered the body of this man, Shigemura Tamotsu, age 26. He had been dead for five and a half days. His room was messy but hadn't been ransacked. The body was on the bed. And on his head..." "An Amusphere." (y/n) said. "Exactly. Given the possibility of foul play, an autopsy was held. The cause of death was acute heart failure." He finished. "Heart failure? His heart stopped?" I asked. "Why?" "We don't know." he answered. There was a moment of silence until the waiter came by. "Here you are." he said as he placed the food infront of us. "Given the time of death, and the low probability of crime, a thorough autopsy was not conducted. But he'd been logged in for two full days without eating anything." Seijirou continued. "That's not so unusual." (y/n) said. "What's so special about this case?" "The game he had installed was Gun Gale Online. Do you know it?" He asked. "Sure." I nodded. "It's the only game in Japan with pro players." "He had won a tournament in Gun Gale Online, GGO for short, that was held in October, to determine the strongest player. His character name was Zexceed." He told us. "Then he as playing GGO when he died?" I asked then took a bite of the cake. "No, he was appearing on a program called MMO strem as his Zexceed avatar. We know the time from the logs. And this hasn't been confirmed, but another user wrote on their blog that something strange happened in GGO at the same time of his heart attack." "Strange?" I asked. "At the exact same time that this was happening, a strange player in a cloak and mask pointed their gun at the 'T.V.' screen and fired. His name, 'Death Gun'." he told us. "'Death...Gun'?" I questioned. "You're sure it was heart failure, right?" "What do you mean?" he asked. "There wasn't any damage to the brain?" "I wondered that as well. But when I asked, they cofirmed that there was nothing wrong with his brain." There was a moment of silence, then he asked, "Do you think it's possible to stop a player's heart with a bullet fired from within a video game?"

     'It's not possible...is it? No.' I thought as I shook my head. "I don't think so, but assuming this Death Gun could send some type of signal to Zexceed's Amusphere...Some sensation of touch that would stop his heart...Or taste, or smell, or sight, or sound...Some kind of sensory information..." I trailed off. When I looked up, Seijirou was just grinning. "Hey, wait. You've already looked into this, haven't you?" I questioned. He waved his hands and said, "No, no...I'd never do that to you, Kirito, (y/n). I enjoy talking to you two." I sighed and stood up. "I'm done. Here's my conclusion. Stopping a player's heart from within a game is impossible. The gunshots and heart failures are unrelated." I said and started walking away with (y/n). "W-wait! You can order another slice of cake. Just stay a while." he told us. We turned around and glared at him. "Well, at least I could hear you say that out loud. I can to the sae conclusion. This death wasn't caused from gunshots within the game. So I would like to ask both of you...Will you log into Gun Gale Online and make contact with Death Gun?" Seijirou asked us. "Why not just say it? 'Go get shot.'" I questioned. "Well..." "No way in hell! I'm not putting (y/n)'s life in danger!" I said as I grabbed her hnd and started to walk away. Seijirou grabbed the back of my jacket and said, "We just came to the same conclusion! We both agreed it was impossible! Anyways, he has certain criteria, he won't shoot unless you're a good player, probably." He explained. "It's not just that, GGO isn't that easy a game! It's filled with pros." I told him. "That's it. What does it mean to be pro?" he asked, pointing at us. "Just what it sounds like." (y/n) told him. "Gun Gale Online is the only virtual MMO that lets you exchange game coins for real money. Basically, you can take the money you earn in-game and exchange it for real cash. The pros are the ones who can earn money in GGO every single month. For that reason, the high-level GGO players spend far more time and passion on their game than other MMO players." "We can't just log in and expect to match them." I finished. He shook his hands again. "Wait, wait! I don't have anyone else! If you don't think you can fight the pros, I'll pay you both to cooperate with the investigation." he told us. "Why is this such a big deal to you?" I questioned. "I want to know the effects before they look into new technology. How's that for a reason?" he explained. "The only way to get at the truth, is to make contact within the game. Of course, we'll take every safety precaution. And I won't tell you to get shot. Just give me your impressions and your judgements....Will you go?" he asked.

       I looked over at (y/n) and saw her smile. She squeezed my hand and gave me a small nod. "We'll do it." I told him.

~End of Flashback~

       "Hey (y/n)..." "Hmm?" "Are you sure you want to go into GGO?" I asked her. She raised one eye brow and gave me a look that said: 'Are you seriously asking me that?' and I started to chuckle. "Of course I am~!" she told me. "I can't wait to see your reaction..." she said under her breath. I looked at her confused and she gave me a shy smile and blushed. "It's nothing~!" she told me.

         'Reaction to what?!' I thought as (y/n) smirked at me.