Chapter 1

The song was a lie. A complete lie. If things were to go by my gut, it would have been a song full of curses and nasty language.

I finished the last note of the song and slumped onto my bed, sighing at the ceiling. On every note of the song, I thought about how I hate the happy song and my life so much. I never particularly liked singing, only doing it to appease my parents though I have to admit that, yes, I do have an amazing voice. People have said as much too. They have always told me who wonderful and beautiful my voice was and that I should go for classes.

My parents biggest dream for me isn't much like the other parents. Their dream for me is that I would be a famous singer, rising above everybody else.

Over my rotting corpse.

I have my dreams too! I swear that no matter how long I live, I would never understand why my parents would ever force me to follow in their footsteps through the music industry. My anger was fizzling through me so greatly that I rather would have just exploded. I turned onto my stomach, facing down and burying my head in my soft pillow.

"K!" My mother screamed questionably from downstairs. "Why aren't you asleep?"

"Soon!" I answered like the good and hardworking girl my parents expect me to be. My life has always been about expectations. Expect this, expect that. Do what you are expected to do.

Arghhh...

A total of five minutes of peace in my room, a faint knock sounded on my bedroom door and I was instantly on my feet, fearing that it was my mother. I hastily packed my bedroom floor as I beckoned loudly with my voice for the person outside my door to enter. I heard, more than I saw, my bedroom door open with a soft click and close with a soft thud. I got up from where I was unsuccessfully trying to keep my belongings, opening my mouth to explain the mess as I turned. But it wasn't my mother leaning against my bedroom door, smiling faintly at me. I immediately paled at the sight that had greeted me.

So, hi everyone! Again. 😂 I hope you liked the first chapter and I know that it is really short but longer chapters are coming soon! Pls read the The Cursed Kingdom(my other book). It is a Fanfic based on Sarah J Maas' books but yet not. So anyways, I won't spoil my story to you. If you are interested, go read it! Ideas and criticism are welcomed. Oh... and don't forget to vote too!!

With all my love, 

Khloe Renovva ❤️

P.S. the main character isn't me! I just used my name cause I couldn't seem to think of any other name😅😅