xi

noelle }

i smiled as i leaned across the table to kiss him gently on the lips. i could feel him smiling widely as i slowly pulled back.

so all of a sudden i'm jacks girlfriend. the idea of being someone's girlfriend sounds thrilling yet terrifies me at the same time. i mean, how many times have i been someone's girlfriend? how many times has someone called me beautiful? how many times has a certain dark haired well dressed boy with angel eyes called me attractive? zero times. up until now.

but now i have an actual boyfriend. and he's probably the best one i'm going to get, now that i'm thinking about it. he's jack harries for gods sake, what could be better than that?

"you know, i was actually nervous that you'd say no." jack chucked.

"why would i ever say no?"

he shrugged. "i dunno. i just.. worry a lot i guess." he folded his hands and grinned up at me.

"well, you don't need to worry one bit, ok?"

he looked lovingly into my eyes and scratched his cheek.

"that's the thing, i do have to worry. how many guys were looking at you in the park?"

"oh god, not the park again." i groaned.

"i'm serious, i have to compete with all of them." he laughed.

" you really don't need to compete with anyone." i sighed. "you act like i don't like you, you know that?"

"well, i figure that you like me just a small bit because you're sitting here with me at dinner." he chuckled.

"i'm your damn girlfriend jack, i like you way more than you think."

"that's a relief." jack sighed.

"you're such an idiot, you know that?"

"oh, i am?" jack laughed.

"i've never met anyone who asks a girl to be his girlfriend then needs reminding that they still actually like them."

jack looked at me with playful eyes and a half smile. "in case you forgot, i still like you as well."

i rolled my eyes. "you're so flirty, it's sickening."

he rolled his eyes in reply. "i guess i'm your flirty idiot."

"i guess you are my flirty idiot." i sighed. "let's split the bill and get out of here."

//

jack }

the drive back to noelles apartment was filled with loud ABBA as well as noelles loud voice knowing every lyric of ABBA's Greatest Hits. she's honestly so full of surprises.

"how do you know their entire album?" i asked as i drove up to the curb by her apartment.

"how don't you know their entire album?" she cried. "hello? mama mia?"

i playfully rolled my eyes and stopped the car by the curb. "oh, my bad, i'm sorry i didn't take the time to memorize cheesy musicals."

noelles head snapped towards mine. "exuse me? did you just offend mama mia?"

"maybe?"

"well, tonight has been fun up until this point. thanks for dinner though, but i'll be gone now, i can't be around someone who hates on mama mia." Noelle laughed.

"sorry, sorry, sorry- " i told noelle as she opened the door and got out of the car while maintaining eyecontact. man is she difficult.

"noelle, noelle, i promise i'll never hate on mamma mia again. noelle, hey, stop-" i said as she walked slowly to the door of her apartment, playfully grinning.

"noelle, please, can't i say goodbye? noelle, babe--"

i took a sharp breath in as i said those last words. 'babe'? what the hell was i thinking?

noelles head snapped around to mine, her eyebrows raised and her smiled faded.

"...um ... ok?"

"sorry, sorry, i meant... noelle." i groaned.

"no, no it's just.... new." she laughed, with a hint of uncomfortableness weaved through it.

i got out of the drivers seat and went over to noelle.

"anyway... i had a great night. seriously, thanks for everything."

"yeah, i had a fantastic time too, i mean it." noelle smiled.

i hesitated about what i should do. i just called her babe, would merely hugging her make her even more uncomfortable?

she slowly put her arms around mine, holding me tightly. i hugged tightly in reply, taking her wonderful lavender scent in. i felt myself hugging her a bit longer than intended. she released herself from the embrace and smiled warmly.

"have a nice night babe." she chuckled, turning her heels and walking into her flat.

oh, oh, noelle.