[juu-roku]

"[Name]! We're getting nowhere- I can't sense Haruka's chakra signature at all!" [Name] ignored Izuna as she leapt ahead of him, rooftop to rooftop, intent on finding the she child otherwise known as Uchiha Miya.

"Who are Miya's parents?! They just let their ten year old daughter wander around, doing as she pleases?!" she cried, struggling to keep her pace up as she was weighed down by her wedding kimono. Izuna, too, shared a similar problem, and it was only when they had reached Miya's family home that he placed a hand on [Name]'s shoulder, sighing.

"She's eleven," he corrected her, "and we should really get changed before we even think about setting off on a rescue mission."

"Izuna, I have no time to get changed!" [Name] snapped. "My home is on the other side of the village- Haruka could be gone by then!"

"[Name], I doubt that the village guard would let two unsupervised children out of the gates at this time of night," said Izuna reassuringly. "Besides, you have some clothes left over at my place, you could always change there."

[Name] sighed, and turned away.

"I'm going to get changed, and then I'm going to look for my son."

***

Once [Name] had changed into a pair of black tights and a black singlet she had left behind at Izuna's house, she wasted no time in waiting for her new husband as he too changed into more suitable clothing.

"[Name], where are we going?!" Izuna soon caught up to [Name], who was heading towards the village gates. Ten minutes into it, she spotted a familiar figure on her, and instantly threw herself at it.

"YOU! WHERE IS MY SON?!" [Name] grabbed Miya's unconscious figure by the shoulders and began to violently shake her, until Izuna joined her from behind and urged her to stop.

"[Name]! Look at her, you can't- [Name]!" Izuna's voice was high as he moved in between [Name] and Miya, blocking her hand from colliding with the young girl's face. He looked at [Name] with an angry tint in his eyes, glaring at her as he tightened his grip around her wrist.

"Don't!" he snapped warningly. "Don't you lay a hand on her!" [Name] scowled at him and tore her wrist out of his hand, and shoved him aside as she stepped closer to Miya's unconscious figure, which sat slumped on a park bench, shielded by a large oak tree. She began shaking Miya in an attempt to wake her up, but after several frugal attempts, [Name] cried out in pent up frustration and punched the wooden bench, shattering it into pieces. Behind her, Izuna stumbled in shock, watching as [Name] pulled Miya from the wreckage and hoisted her over her shoulder.

"I have to find Haruka," she said dully, placing Miya on the ground and leaning her against the oak tree. She sat in front of Miya for what seemed like eons, and waited for the little Uchiha girl to wake up. Obviously, she wouldn't be getting anywhere, and the more time she spent sitting idle, the more she feared for Haruka's safety. Dusk turned to dawn, and the sun was beginning to rise when [Name] felt Izuna place a hand on her shoulder and say, "I'll go alert nii-san, [Name]." He leapt off, leaving a lethargic [Name] staring determinedly at Miya, who had begun to stir from her forced slumber. Her eyes slowly began to open, and when she saw the blurred outline of a figure before her, she mumbled, "Madara-nii...?"

"Nice try, but not even close, missy," said [Name] in a cool voice. Miya blinked and sat upright, looking as if she'd been electrocuted.

"Where's Madara-nii?!" she squealed, looking around fervently. [Name] shook her head and pointed at Miya's eyes to get her attention, then pointed to herself.

"You've been busted. Now, where is my son?" Miya's eyes widened, and she buried her face in her hands, feeling an overwhelming surge of guilt overcome her.

"H-He's gone..." she whispered quietly, the guilt becoming too much for her to handle. She looked up at a frozen [Name], who looked on the verge of smashing down everything in her way until she found Haru. Throwing herself on the ground before [Name] in a humble bow, Miya cried, "I'm so sorry, [Name]-chan! Madara-nii... h-he said..."

"Madara?" Miya nodded, palms pressed flat against the ground, outstretched beyond her face.

"Madara-nii asked me if I could get Haruka for him so he could take him home... so I got him, b-but I grew curious after they took me home, because they went in the opposite direction of Madara-nii's home... so I followed them, and I saw him take Haruka to the village gate..."

[Name] was shocked beyond words; what did Madara want with Haruka?

"Do you know where they were headed to?!" she exclaimed, leaping to her feet. A shrivelled Miya shook her head, tears running down her face and wetting the dirt beneath her.

"I-I'm s-sorry, [Name]-chan... but I don't remember what happened after that... one second, I was watching them, a-and the next, something hard hit me from behind, and..." [Name] took deep, steady breaths as she tried to make sense of her predicament.

Okay, so Madara took Haruka... but for what?! To hurt me?! For marrying Izuna instead of him?! She could think of no other reason.

"There was one other thing, [N-Name]-chan..." said Miya quietly. "I remember Madara-nii talking to Haruka about the Uzumaki clan...?"

"Uzumaki clan? Why?"

"Something about Haruka being descended from the Uzumaki and Uchiha...?"

[Name]'s hands balled into fists as Madara's annoying questions about her unknown heritage came back to mind.

"Maybe you even came from a noble clan! Did you think about that?"

"Miya, I want you to go home and get some rest," said [Name], bending down and gently patting her shoulder. "Leave this to me; I'mgoing to go see the Hokage." She waited until Miya was on her feet, and once she was, she wasted no time in rushing to see Hashirama.