[juu-san]

"[Name]! Hello, is anyone home?" Darkness was beginning to fall and Madara stood at [Name]'s front door, Haruka in tow. Said boy was still gushing about the day's events to his father, still in awe about what he had seen and done. Madara chuckled and reached down to his son, picking him up as he attempted to slide their front door open. It was locked.

"How odd," murmured Madara under his breath, stepping back. "Just remember not to tell kaa-chan, okay?" Haruka pouted. He and his father had spent a few hours of the day doing things any normal father and son would do, but nearing the end of their time together, Madara had decided to take Haru down to the training grounds to see if any of [Name]'s special traits were present in him. He had some idea of what Haru did and didn't have, but he needed more time to be able to make his own, final conclusion.

"Why not?" he whined, as Madara sighed and began walking away from the [Surname] residence. He would just have to come back later, then.

"Because, ah, I don't think your kaa-chan would be pleased to know that you're doing things like that at your age," he tried to explain. Haruka's face was a blank space, and just as Madara was about to reply, he caught sight of a familiar pair of people heading in their direction. [Name] and Izuna. Haruka squealed at the sight of his mother, and wriggled his way out of Madara's grasp, which ended up in the Uchiha setting him on the ground to sprint towards his mother.

"Haru! How was your day?" asked [Name] softly, bending down to pick up her son. Izuna continued walking, and met up with Madara with a victorious, yet suppressed, grin on his face.

"You won't believe it! First, we..." As [Name] was preoccupied with Haruka, the two brothers stared at each other for a while before any words were exchanged.

"Madara."

"Izuna." There was an awkward, threatening silence, before Madara finally caved in with a sigh. "Where were you?" Izuna's smirk soon became fully fledged, and he didn't try to hide the glee in his voice as he spoke.

"[Name] and I are to be married next week. Isn't that great?" Madara's eyes widened.

"What?" Izuna smirked, and nodded at his older brother while holding out his hand.

"It was nice of you to put up a fight, nii-chan," he said quietly, indicating at Madara to take his hand. "I think in the end, your return was in actuality, your greatest demise. Why, now you're free to go back to Fumiko! Isn't that great?" Madara clenched his fist and strode closer to Izuna, poking him in the chest.

"Look, you-"

"Izunaaaa! I'll be taking Haru home now, are you leaving with Madara?" came [Name]'s voice from a few meters down. Izuna turned away from his brother, beaming brightly.

"Oh, no, I'm coming with you," he replied. "I'll see you later, eh, Madara? This week's going to be pretty full- I'll probably only see you at the wedding. Until then?"

"[Name]," called out Madara to the retreating kunoichi. She froze in her tracks, clutching Haru tightly in her arms. "Congratulations."

"Thank you." Her voice was choked, but strong. Madara sighed, and ruffled the back of his hair.

"May I speak to you? Please?" His voice was soft and assuring, and it took all of [Name]'s willpower not to succumb. Her willpower wasn't enough, though, because she ended up handing over Haru to a suspicious looking Izuna and turning back to Madara.

"Izuna, can you please take Haru home? I'll just see what your brother wants," she said in a hurried tone, striding back to Madara. As soon as Izuna and Haru had disappeared into their home, [Name] spoke. "Yes, Madara?"

"Congratulations," he jolted out. "You've made your decision, and I respect that. But this means that in a week, I'll no longer be Haruka's father. Do you realise that?"

[Name] frowned.

"Madara, you'll always be his father," she said softly. "Nothing will change that." Madara shook his head.

"No, I won't," he said in a bitter tone. "It doesn't make sense to bear a child with one, and marry another, [Name]. The only possible way for things to work is for Izuna to step in as his father. So, I'm asking you, can I please, please have Haruka for this week? Let me enjoy the time I have with him. I'll... probably leave after the festivities." [Name] didn't know why, but it felt like her heart had sunk.

"... you won't be returning?" It was his first departure all over again; except this time, [Name] could've sworn she'd moved on. Obviously not. The look on Madara's face said it all.

Of course not, thought [Name] grimly. She thought about it for a while, before sighing.

"Yes, okay, fine. Might as well get him settled into the compound, right?" she agreed, trying to sound not so sad. Madara smiled sadly at her.

"I'm sorry, [Name]," he said genuinely. "I really am." A lump formed in [Name]'s throat, and she shook her head.

"N-No, uh... it's fine, it's fine," she said, forcing tears back. "I'm... looking towards the future now. Thanks for... everything before that."

It was official; the six years [Name] and Madara had spent together meant absolutely nothing now. A bittersweet ending to something that could have been something beautiful.

A/N: It's not over yet, don't you worry, my dearest readers~