[shi.]

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!"

[Name], who had earlier put Haruka to sleep in their shared bed, was aghast when she returned half an hour later in her nightgown to find a figure crouched down beside the boy, examining him. She marched forward, hissing, and grabbed the intruder by the ear before dragging them out into the hallway, sliding the door shut behind them. [Name] glared upwards at the figure, who towered over her.

"Can I help you, Madara?!" she hissed, trying to keep her voice as low as possible. Haruka was a very light sleeper; one wrong move and he could burst out at any second. The Uchiha merely regarded her with a cold stare, which was returned equally.

"I came to see my son," he said monotonously. making [Name] slap her palm to her forehead in disdain.

"Well too b- wait. Did Izuna tell you?" Madara rolled his eyes at the woman. She really hadn't changed a bit.

"[Name], the boy is a replica of me," scowled the Uchiha, crossing his arms. How he ever fell for this woman and her stupidity, he couldn't remember. [Name] rolled her eyes, and crossed her own arms.

"Oh- right. That doesn't give you the right to trespass!" retorted [Name]. She grabbed the Uchiha by the wrist and began storming back to the front door. "Get out!"

She threw him towards the door, but he didn't budge. In the faint light, [Name] could just make out his appearance. For the thirty year old man he was, Uchiha Madara looked younger than he actually was. Regardless of this, the man looked tired, his eyes even more sunken than usual. [Name] frowned initially, but then shook it off. It wasn't any of her business; he was none of her business. The woman crossed her arms, clucking her tongue impatiently.

"Out," she ordered again, giving the Uchiha a 'don't you try testing me' look. He was unwavered.

"[Name], did you know you were pregnant when I left?" demanded Madara, standing his ground. "Did you hide it from me?!"

"So what if I did? The past is the past, Madara, you can't change it!"

"Why didn't you tell me?!"

"Why would I?!"

Madara groaned in frustration, closing his eyes and pinching the bridge of his nose with his thumb and forefinger.

"[Name]..." he muttered mutinously, glaring at the woman. She was surprised to see that his Sharingan had activated, and raised an eyebrow.

"Don't come into my house prepared for a fight!" said the woman hotly, clenching her hands into fists. "Who do you think I am?!"

Without another word, [Name] lunged forward and opened the door, before using all of her weight to throw Madara out. He stumbled onto the steps, almost losing his balance as [Name] pushed him over the edge. She outstretched both arms on either side of her, and glared at the Uchiha.

"Good night!" she spat, stepping back and sliding the door shut behind her. Madara sighed, and turned to the road. He had a son, and he couldn't believe it.

"How did it go?" Izuna appeared at his older brother's side, nudging him with his elbow. Madara shook his head; he still wasn't over the initial shock.

"Izuna," said Madara abruptly. Both men came to a halt in their tracks. Izuna stared up at his brother, who in turn kept his gaze locked on the ground.

"Yes?"

"Are you and [Name]... seeing each other?" Izuna blinked at his elder brother's question.

"Nii-chan, I don't understand...?"

"You're [Name]'s age! You've been here ever since that boy was born! Now, are you and [Name] seeing each other or not?"

Izuna winced at the ferocity of his brother's voice, and cleared his throat.

"Well, I, um, not actually, but, er, maybe do kinda like her...?"

Madara scoffed at his brother's sudden confession, and narrowed his eyes at him.

"Is that so?" he asked quietly. Izuna's lip became a tight, straight line.

"Why did you leave, Madara?" demanded Izuna, turning the tables. "[Name] is an amazing, kind, beautiful woman- why did you throw it all away for that teenager?!"

"Don't talk about my past as if you know about it," spat Madara. The two brothers were now face to face, tension beginning to grow. Izuna clenched his fists in anger against his older brother.

"I'm sorry, Madara, but leaving [Name] was quite possibly the worst thing you could've ever done," said the younger brother, trying to keep his temper. "She was such a wreck, she nearly lost Haru! She was heartbroken, Madara. Six years just- out the window. On top of that, our family didn't do much to help her out, either! Do you know how much struggle [Name] had to go through? Nearly losing her child, having the father's family hate her guts- can you imagine how hard [Name]'s life was? Even when Haru was born, it didn't get better. Father refused to acknowledge him as his grandson, and the entire clan shunned the two! I could only do so much as a friend, Madara. [Name]'s only just began to adjust to being a solo mother, and you walking back into her life nearly three years later doesn't help, at all! So I'm sorry if I'm being disrespectful, brother, but [Name] deserves far more than what you gave her."

Madara sneered at his younger brother.

"And you think you can give her what she deserves?" he said, laughing lightly.

"I know that she deserves more than you, Madara."

"You said so yourself, Izuna, that she was heartbroken when I left. Doesn't that mean she still loved me?"

"Madara," said Izuna angrily through gritted teeth. "The past is the past. She doesn't feel the same anymore. She doesn't feel at all, thanks to you! She refuses to let anyone in, including me! Do you see what you've done, Madara?! You've completely killed [Name]'s chances at finding love with anyone!"

Madara let out a small 'hmph' and began to walk away from his brother.

"May the best man win."

"What?! Madara, [Name] is not some prize to be won!" yelled out the younger Uchiha, infuriated by his brother's nonchalancy. Madara sneered and continued forward, ignoring Izuna.

"You're right. She's not."

He stopped in his tracks, and looked over his shoulder at Izuna.

"But you're right. [Name] deserves someone she loves. And unless that someone is either me or you, I refuse to accept them. So, good luck, Izuna. You're up, right against [Name]'s first love. May the best man win, fair and square."

Madara left a spluttering Izuna in his wake.

"The nerve!" exclaimed Izuna to himself, looking around in exasperation. Although he was quite annoyed by the fact that Madara had set the challenge, he knew that he couldn't lose. After all, Madara had already shattered [Name]'s heart once; he didn't want to watch her suffer all over again.