Chapter 15

Nini's POV:

I quickly got up from the table and gathered my things before kissing Ricky on the cheek, "I'm gonna go try and talk to her." And with that, I ran out the cafeteria doors to find Kourtney storming down the hall.

"Kourt!" I chased after her. "Kourt, please, can we just talk about this?" I ran in front of her and she stopped.

"There's nothing I have to say to you right now." She said with her arms crossed before walking past me again.

I made my way in front of her again, stopping her in her place. "Look, I know Ricky caused a lot of drama last time,"

"He caused a lot more than just drama honey." She interrupted.

"But this isn't like the last time! He's changed! I...." I paused to look at her disapproving face, "I love him." And at that she rolled her eyes. "He makes me happy. So why can't you just be happy for me?"

She shook her head and scoffed, " You think you're truly gonna be happy with him? You need to grow up Nini. Life isn't a fairytale where you meet you're Prince Charming and live happily ever after. It's time to get your head out of the clouds and come back to reality." And with that she stormed off, leaving me there, speechless.

What the hell just happened? Where did all of that come from?

Ricky's POV:

Wooh. I got this.

After the whole lunch debacle thing with Kourt, I was a bit nervous coming to rehearsal. That, along with the fact that I sent a text saying that I was leaving the show, and now here I am not leaving the show.

And on top of all of that, Nini has seemed off, ever since lunch. She's still laughing and smiling, but it doesn't feel as genuine. But every time I've asked if she was okay, she'd just nod and smile. I don't know what she's thinking, but I just want her to be okay. It kills me that I don't know what's going on with her.

"Ricky, my man" Big Red slung his arm around my shoulders as he walked beside me, "you heading to rehearsal?"

"Ya" I said in a shaky voice.

"Nervous?"

"Is it that obvious?" I asked as I shook my hands around.

"Dude, don't worry,  everyone is gonna be thrilled to see you're still doing the show." Big Red said optimistically.

"Well if it's anything like the welcome I got from Kourtney, I'm sure things will be fantastic." I gave my best sarcastic voice and smile as we made our way into the theater.

As we made our way in all eyes began to turn towards me.

"RICKY?!"

"Ricky!!!!"

"Is that Ricky?"

"What's he doing here?"

"I thought I saw him earlier today!"

"Hey, guys." I awkwardly waved my hand before being surrounded by cast mates.

"I thought you were gone!"

"Why'd you send that text?"

"What are you doing here?"

"Enough guys, let the man breath huh?" Big Red came to the rescue and began to wave his hands outward, pushing the crowd away.

"Well this is going great." I quietly, and sarcastically, told Big Red.

"What the hell do you think you're doing here?" I turned around to see Kourtney standing in the doorway with her arms crossed.

"Hey Kourt-"

"You quit the show remember? You know that little text you sent Big Red?"

"Listen about that text I-"

"Ricky! Hey!" Gina bounded towards me with her arms outstretched as she enveloped next in a big hug. I heard Kourtney scoff.

Gina pulled back, still holding my shoulders, "what are you doing here?! I thought you quit the show!" She said excitedly with a big smile on her face.

"He did." Kourtney started before I could explain anything.

Gina gave a weird look to Kourtney and turned back to me, "so..." she looked at me expectantly, "does this mean you're staying in the show?"

"I-"

"Hey! Ricky..." Nini bounded in only to slow at the sight of Ginas hands on my shoulders. "Nini! Hey! You're here!" I quickly brushed Gina off and made my way over to Nini.

"What's going on?" She asked innocently.

"Nothing, I was just catching up with everyone and-"

"IS THAT RICKY BOWEN??" I heard a loud shout come from the doorway and turned to see Carlos with an excited look on his face with Seb smiling right behind him.

"Hey Carlos!" I exclaimed before being enveloped in yet another hug, this time from Carlos.

"I thought we'd never see you again! What are you doing back here?!"

"Well actually I-"

Was interrupted. Again.

"No way, is that-" I heard Ashlyn begin.

"Yup. It's me Ricky. I'm back." I answered for her.

She made her way over to us, "when- where- what are you doing here?"

"Ya well, I was supposed to be moving to Chicago with my mom but," I looked at Nini and smiled and she smiled back, "my home is here. I couldn't leave." I looked back at everyone else. "So I'm back here!"

I clapped my hands together and rubbed them. "So what'd I miss, I still remember all of my lines so that won't be a problem or anything."

No one spoke. Everyone avoided eye contact and remained silent.

"What?" I laughed nervously at the silence.

"Well, Ricky the thing is-" Nini started.

"You're not Troy anymore." I heard a voice from behind me.

I turned around to see none other than EJ standing behind me, a basketball held between his arm and his hip.

And the next two words that came out of his mouth are really what ruined my day.

"I am."

—————

Hey guys, sorry it took my so long to update, I've been really busy dealing with this whole coronavirus situation. I promise I'll start uploading chapters more frequently, but please do keep giving feedback because I want to make the story the best possible and it'll help me write quicker if I have ideas to bounce off of. Other than that please make sure to vote, as it helps me keep writing these chapters!!!

Thank you!

And stay safe y'all!