0.5 - Learning control

I wake up in the hospital and slowly sit up in my bed. I look up to see police guarding my door like I’m the president. The doctor walks in and checks up on me. “Your ready to go.” He says to me as the police walk and handcuff me. “What did I do?” I ask the policeman. “You know what’ve you have done mutt.” He says back to me. “Your right, I do know.” I say as I break out of the handcuffs and start to run. The policeman fire bullets at me but I continue running. I sprint down the hallway and come across Megan’s room. I go inside to see her about to leave as well. “What are you doing here?” She asks me. “I’ll explain later!” I say to her as I grab her and jump out of the window of her room. I land making two feet holes in the car park and continue running.

I take Megan to the foster home and start to walk up the stairs to the door. “No, its not safe here.” Megan says to me as I turn around. “Where should we go then?” I say back to her walking down the stairs. “I know a place.” she says to me. 

We arrive at a building in the outer region of town. I can see cameras out the front facing every single direction possible. Megan walks up to the door and puts in a code to enter the building. We go inside and Megan shuts the door behind us, when lights suddenly come on all throughout this open space building. “Tell me.” Megan says to me with a stern voice. “Tell you what?” I ask her with confusion. “Your eyes, they turn orange. Explain.” Megan says to me as she begins to over power me with her voice. “The earthquake.” I say to Megan. “What about it?” she asks me as she starts to get curious. “The day of the earthquake I was with my mum at Star Blaze, we were in the toxin room. Things start falling off the shelf, next minute I wake up in hospital. 9 months in a hospital was too much for me so I ran and ran. I not only realised my eyes turn orange but I had anger running through my body like nothing else.” I say to Megan as shock starts to come over her face. “I’ve knocked policemen out so many times now a price is on my head.” I say to Megan as worry comes over me. “Jasper, I’ve read the papers. The policemen you have hit are dead. You don’t know your own strength yet.” Megan says to me as I start to back away from her in shock. “What? No, not possible. I swear I just knocked them out.” I say to Megan. “I’m sorry Jasper, you didn’t.” Megan says to me as starts to walk over to me. “That’s why I’m here, I’m here to help.” Megan says to me calming me down. 

Megan walks me over to wall. “Wait here.” she says to me and she goes over to the wall to press a button. She steps back from the wall as the wall starts to slide away revealing weapons. “Jasper, I am a trained assassin.” Megan says to me. “You kill people?” I say as my gut twists into a knot. “Not anymore.” she says to me. “Oh well that’s great, not anymore.” I say to her with an attitude. “Jasper, you are dangerous and you need to learn control.” Megan says to me over powering me again. 

“What makes you angry?” Megan asks me. “My family abandoning me.” I say to her. “You need to be able to turn your anger on and off.” Megan says to me. “How?” I ask Megan with confusion. “That’s what I’m here for.” she says to me as she hands me a radio earpiece. “Whenever your in battle, I’ll be there either to get you angry or to calm you down.” she says to me as I put the radio in my pocket. “How am I going to learn all this?” I ask Megan. “Out in the field.” Megan says to me as she walks me over to the other side of the building where it’s just computers. 

“This is the comms room, police radios streaming in from all around the city. Whenever something is wrong we will know.” she says to me. “So I’m becoming a superhero now?” I ask her. “No, just learning control.” she says to me as a light starts to beep on one of the radios. 

“Theres a gang shooting on the bridge six blocks away, beat the cops there.” Megan says to me as I put the earpiece in. I ran outside and turn around at the building to see ‘The Hollow’ marked above the door and continue running towards the bridge. 

I arrive at the bridge. “Jasper, take a knee.” Megan says to me. “The cops aren’t there yet, the gang are all on the bridge, their shooting causing riots amongst themselves. Focus on who you have to take down.” Megan says to me as my breaths start to get bigger and longer. “Jasper! Let your presence be known!” Megan says to me as I start to feel my bones thumping with anger. “AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!” I shout as I punch the road of the bridge. The bridge starts to crack. “AGAIN!” Megan shouts at me as I punch the bridge in the same spot a second time. The bridge breaks sending debris dropping into the river along with the gang shooters. “Jasper, deep breathes.” Megan says to me with a soothing voice, calming me down.

“Well done Jasper, this is only the start. Make your way back to the foster home and get some rest. Your second lesson will be soon.” Megan says to me as I get up and start to walk back to the foster home. 

I get back to the foster home. “Kurt?” I ask. I see him shaking and sweating in distraught. “Mate!” He says to me in a low deep tone I haven’t heard from him before. He slowly stands up and raises his head to look at me. I look straight into his eyes and can see the look of death in them. “You alright?” I ask him. “I’LL KILL YOU!!!” Kurt shouts as he charges at me and tackles me to the floor. He grabs my throat and bangs my head constantly on the floor as I start to lose my breath.