1.5 - Information

My big deep breaths fog up the glass in front of me.

I hear Retro and Alex back up from where they were standing. They've probably noticed the orange light beaming off the glass.

"Jasper, are you alright?" Retro says.

I turn to him, he has a cautious stance about him. One hand out in front of him to shield anything that may come his way and the other hand is on his gun which is still in the holster.

"I just...I just need to get some fresh air." I pant out, trying to slow my breathing.

I walk past Retro and out the door. Retro not taking his eyes off me as I leave.

I stand outside the hangar for a few minutes, trying to control my breathing. I wipe my hand across my forehead, getting the sweat off.

I pull my hands up to my face and make sure my eyes aren't glowing orange.

Suddenly I hear a bang come from inside the hangar, it makes me jump.

I run to the door, to see what's happening.

The Beast is thrashing around, trying to get out of the chair he is chained to. The soldiers circling him are firing. He isn't stopping.

One of the chains break off, leaving one left. Then Retro gets in my field of view.

"We have to go." He says as he grabs my arm and drags me behind him. I notice Alex is following, with several other scientists in lab coats.

"I can stop him." I say to Retro. He lets go of my arm, now that he has realised I'm running on my own.

"We don't want that sort of destruction in the base. Don't worry, we put a tracking device in his neck." Retro says through his deep breaths from running.

We make it to another hangar that's on the other side of the base. It's the Intelligence hangar. There are rows after rows of desks with computers everywhere. A person behind each computer, typing away at their keyboard.

Alex walks to the far right row and goes about halfway down, there he asks the lady on the computer to track The Beast. Retro and I stand directly behind as she puts a code into the computer.

A map comes up with a moving red flashing light, signalling where The Beast is.

"He has just smashed through the front gate and is now heading towards the city." Alex says, he stands and looks at Retro, waiting.

"Get a team ready, we move to approach in ten minutes." Retro says, as Alex walks past the both of us and starts to run.

I watch as he runs out the hangar.

"Ten minutes! He'll reach the city by then and cause more destruction." I say to Retro, getting frustrated at Retro that they can't get there in time.

"We just have to pray he doesn't go to the city." He says and walks past me. Not making any eye contact with me.

I follow Retro at a comfortable distance.

Outside the hangar I wait for him to turn the corner and when he does, I turn the other way and run to the perimeter fence.

Once I make it there I jump with one leap of my right leg and land on two feet on the other side.

I spot The Beast after five minutes of running. His coming up on the city and he doesn't look like he is going to slow down anytime soon.

I get closer and closer and at the right time, I run at him from the side and bump him out of his running motion. He collides into a car but immediately gets on his two feet.