1.4 - The Capture

Walking over debris is hard with worn out shoes. Dust thickens the air, shortening my sight. I left my face mask at the foster home. I didn't think the dust was still this bad.

I approach the site where I last saw The Beast. It just so happens to be where I buried him with a building.

I can see several people working around the area, moving debris.

I reach the mound of debris where The Beast's body was. It isn't there.

I rotate around and look to see if someone had moved it somewhere else. I run over to one of the workers. Dust entering my lungs from the big breaths I'm taking.

"Excuse me, the bodies that are found. Where do they go?" I say, trying my best not to cough out dust whilst talking.

"They get taken off by the Chicago Police Department and to their facility four blocks from here." the man says through his face mask as he empties his shovel of debris into a wheelbarrow.

Most of the city has opened back up but where there is still debris, it's a ghost town. I take shortcuts through soon to be re-opened buildings to the Police Department.

I finally arrive at the Police Department. I had to stop a couple of times along the way to catch my breath from all the dust entering my airways.

I walk down the alleyway that runs next to the Police Department. I see the side door has a nine key pad code and result to sitting back and waiting for someone to come through the door.

A few minutes have past and two officers leave through the side door and get into the closest cop car. I run and stick my hand in between the door and the lock to prevent it from closing.

I walk past some holding cells as I first enter, ignoring the people in them. I make my way to an end of a hallway and see an officer coming on the left. There is no where to turn and hide so I reach my hands out and place them on the wall in front of me. I turn the soles of my feet parallel with the wall I'm leaning against and start to push myself up with my hands and feet.

I make it to the ceiling and as my back touches the ceiling the guard turns the corner and walks straight under me, not detecting a thing.

I wait for him to exit the side door I came in and I gently drop to the ground.

I pop my head around the corner to make sure it's all clear and I go.

I pass three doors, checking each room to see if it's the room I want. The fourth door comes and I open it, it smells like death.

"Must be the right room." I say to myself as I walk in.

I stutter my walk when I see an officer in the room, examining one of the bodies.

"Who the hell are you?" He asks in a mad tone.

I freak out and don't know what to do.

"Umm." It nervously comes out of my mouth.

My hand still gripped on the door knob, I do the first thing that comes into my head.

I rip the door knob off the door and throw it at the officer, hitting him in the head. He instantly falls down and I act fast, searching through the bodies for The Beast.

The sixth body I check is his. I zip the body bag back up and start on my exit, dragging the body after me.

I pass the same holding cells where I walked in, this time I can feel even more eyes on me.

I make it outside, I force open the boot of a cop car and put the body in it. Just as I hop into the car I hear officers rush through the door after me.