Chapter 4

^ Outfits for chapter ^

The next few weeks passed by in a blur. I hung out with Bella a couple time a week but have been busy all together. My job at the diner has kept me busy and on my feet. Cora, Mack, and Charlie both have helped me a lot with my pregnancy and working. At 15 weeks, both babies were the size of nectarines. I was showing quite a bit and got weird looks.

Earlier this morning Charlie dropped me off at work since Bella was picking me up. Dr. Cullen, or Carlisle which he insisted, wanted to check in the babies. As I changed into comfortable clothes; which consisted of leggings, brown knee high boots, a striped long sleeve under a knitted sweater. Bella texted me saying she was outside. I waved bye to Cora and walked to Bella's car.

Bella looked over at me with her brown eyes. "How are you feeling?" As we drove off, i smiled at her, "Good, just the morning sickness is kicking my ass. Which is expected and all I want to do is sleep." We both laughed, "I'm sure the morning sickness will ease up in a few weeks."

"Hopefully." And looked out the window. I must've dosed off while she drove, because a cold hand gently shakes me awake. "We're here." We head inside and Esme rounds the corner with a plate of brownies and a hug. "Chocolate, fudge brownies. They're still warm, get your fill. Carlisle's in his office."

I didn't ask twice and dug into the brownies. A moan escape my mouth before I could stop it. Bella laughed and I gave her the finger. After I finished I headed up to Carlisle's office and knocked, he opened and led me to the recliner chair next to the machine. I lifted up my shirt and he spread the cool gel. "How have you been?"

"I've been good. Taking my vitamins, and eating healthy." He smiles as his topaz eyes focus on the screen. "There they are, both are happy, and healthy. We should be able to know the genders soon enough. Come back in three weeks from today."

"Thank you, Carlisle. For doing all of this." I take an envelope and hold it out. "It's all in have right now, but I promise I'll pay the rest as soon as possible." He put his hand over it and shook his head. "I won't accept this. You're Bella's cousin, which makes you family. Put that towards your children." I opened my mouth to reject his offer but he gave me a stern look. I sigh.

"Thank you, I'll see you in three weeks." I smiled and head out of the room. When I arrived downstairs, there were two people I haven't met yet, talking to Bella. One was a short, pixie like girl, with great style I might add, and a handsome stoic looking blonde next to her. She turned to me with a bright smile and bounded towards me, quickly pulling me into a hug. She pulled away, "Hi, I'm Alice. I can tell were going to be the best of friends." I blinked, once then twice. "Oh, okay."

"Darlin', don't hound her." A rich, southern accent pulled her out of her reverie. Though he did sound a little pained. She looked at him and huffed, then looked back at me. "I don't have any idea why it took us this long to meet. You are absolutely gorgeous. Do you think I could do your hair? Or maybe we could go shop-" Before she could finish her ramble, the blonde dude shot me an apologetic glance and carried her over his shoulder out of the room. "Jasper! Put me down right now! I want to make her my new friend." His chuckle reverberated along the hallway. 

"Well, you've met Alice, and the blonde that carried her out was Jasper." I nod and laugh. They seem nice, Jasper was odd. Hell, they all were, but I wasn't one to judge.

Bella took me home and I made dinner for me since it was already 5:30. Charlie was eating at Sues tonight. I didn't mind eating alone. I sat down on the couch, binge watching Supernatural when I got a call from Cora.

"Sweetheart, I know you just got off of work earlier but I'm swamped and the other waitress called out. Do you mind coming in and working a few more hours?" I get up and put my plate in the sink while replying, "Of course, I'll be there as soon as possible." And hang up. I messaged Charlie letting him know where I was going.

As fast as a pregnant woman could, I get dressed and head to The Lodge. Cora thanked me profusely but I waved her off. I didn't mind. The more hours I worked, the more money I brought in. Charlie refused to let me pay for anything around the house except for food. So I put it to any baby expenses.

After a few hours of waiting tables and cleaning it's already dark. I waved everybody off and wished them a good night.

As I step outside, I get the prickling sense of being watched. I look around and see nobody in sight. I reach into my bag and pull a can a maze and I swiftly start walking towards Bella's old truck.

As I reach the driver's side door. I stick the key in but before I can turn it, I feel cool breath on the back of my neck. A hand snacks around my throat and turns me around and slams me against the truck. Pale, freezing skin, and cold, malicious eyes that are red as blood are what greet me.

____________________

Note: A cliffhanger! Mwuahahah. We've met the lovely Alice and Jasper! They're just the cutest. Next chapter will probably be published tomorrow!

 Next chapter will probably be published tomorrow!