Year 5 - Patronuses and Headmistress

When Hermione first told the Slytherins about her little plan of letting Potter be the teacher of the lesson at first everyone was instantly against it, but after a bit of persuasion and storytelling on her part by the end of Wednesday they accepted just this one lesson was to be taught by Potter since he had already completely mastered it.  The only part they still got lost on was that everyone was to show up, but it really didn't go through everyone's head that way so instead, she just spent almost the entire night sending out messages to everyone about the meeting time and once everyone was there then maybe they would understand the message. 

When Thursday finally showed up Hermione was relieved that at least it was almost over... the crazy week and lesson that was happening.  And when the time was about an hour away she hurried off to actually get Potter since she knew he was likely to just show up at the last minute and not prepare at all and she left in a rush.  That only came with a few comments thrown at Draco about her being a Potter-lover over a Malfoy one by Theo and Blaze. 

Malfoy of course wanted to pass some time by going to the kitchens and grabbing a real bit to eat since Hermione got so worked up for this lesson she hurried them out of the Great Hall before they finished eating. So the Slytherin's, minus a Hermione, was down in the kitchens eating and talking mostly making fun of Draco for his green apple obsession and a wonderful comment by Blaze was, 

"Do we need to leave you and the apple alone? Poor Granger can't give the girl a real good time, only and apple enjoys you."

Which caused the half-eaten apple to be thrown at his forehead while the rest laughed.

One the other end of the castle up in the room of requirement Hermione was talking...no... demanding Harry to not mess up. Which she got quite a few eye rolls from him which she almost hexed him for.

Soon the time came and the students filled the already extremely large room. Hermione was just upset that the Slytherins were almost TWO MINUTES LATE...not that she was counting. She glared at them while Harry gave a small speech to everyone.

"It's okay if you can't produce a full  Patronus. It's a high-level spell that is hard for even older wizards and witches. The point of getting this right is having your mind think of your happiest moments or thoughts in your head while doing the spell, Expecto Patronum. The most difficult part is when you're facing a dementor. It seems as if all happiness in the world disappears, you would have to fight that.  So even if you can just do a small shield it's better than nothing." Harry finished his speech and clapped his hands together.

"GREAT! Now first years go over there...." Harry continued and pointed everyone in the right spots and soon the room was filled with the voices of everyone working on the spell or just finding the right thought or memory. 

Hermione watched as Harry went from group to group showing them a full Patronus and a small shield Patronus. Telling the first and second years it's okay if they didn't get the full one it could take years of practice.  She then made her way to the older section to her group when she saw most of the older years getting them some even doing full Patronuses.

Fred had Hyena while George to her surprise had a coyote. Ron got scared once he came out and started running around the room, a Jack Russel Terrier. A fox, a swan, a lizard, a horse, and hare, and many more came up she took notes on who got what form of Patronus.  Soon she arrived at her small Slytherin group and just watched them.

Daphne soon produced hers, a lemur.

"A lemur...seriously...how lame. Why couldn't you be cooler." She complained as it just looked at her. 

Theo also following after also got a lemur much to his embarrassment.

"Hmm...I wonder what kind of memory your thinking of Theo." Blaze smirked which caused the other boy to glare.