Year 7 - Sword

It was the end of January or the start of February. they weren't sure, and it was cold. Even with the enchantments, they placed everywhere it was hard to get any warmth. Harry's anger at Hermione shifted to anger at Dumbledore. To where he angrily grabbed Rita's book, 'The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore', and slowly read it. Hermione meant really slowly since every few pages Harry would read it and throw it down in anger and marched off for the day again. 

Hermione could understand his anger. Dumbledore gave him a task with no instructions. No real way to destroy it until they were able to get the sword, which was missing. And Harry's real comfort of protection he had was gone. Hermione saw that Harry had unconscious protection connected with his wand since it was the brother wand to Voldemort's. Harry unknowingly felt protected with his wand and now that protection was ripped away and by her at that.

Learning more about Grindelwald and Dumbledore was hard for Harry and he was losing that trust he had in Dumbledore and losing the trust in himself too. Hermione was trying everything to get Harry to stop his self-destruction but she was running out of options. She didn't want to show him this, but now she knew she had to.

"Harry, how would you like to come with me to get more food this time?"

Harry who was pacing once again around the room stopped, "I can go this time? Isn't it dangerous?"

"So far no death eaters have visited it and I have people who keep tabs on it just in case. It's safe enough for us to go."

"Then let's go! No use for us to just sit here." Harry rushed outside of the tent wanting her to follow, so she did. Once they got to the edge they disapparated and soon were on the street Hermione has become familiar with. Visiting her other friends was heaven for the few hours she was away from the tent.

Harry was already rushing to the store but stopped when he saw Hermione was not following him. Instead, she was frozen and looking into a store window.

He walked back over to her, "what are you doing?"

Hermione still looking into the window said, "Sorry. Can we just sit down for a minute?"

She didn't let him reply as she quickly got to a bench the sat across the store from the one she was staring into and collapsed, not taking her eyes out of the store.

Harry sat down next to her and looked to where she was looking. All he saw was a family of three looking around the store shopping. The two adults looked familiar, but it was skipping his mind at the moment. They watched as the couple walked around joking, picking up stuff, and passing the small baby in their arms back in forth to grab what they wanted.

"When Daphne told me they were here I didn't believe her... now..." Hermione drifted off.

That's when it hit Harry who they were it was her parents.

"What are they doing here and who is that?" Harry couldn't help but ask.

Hermione stared at the family, "I honestly have no idea, Harry. I do believe that he is my half-brother though."

"How...?"

"Before my sixth year, I knew a war was coming. I obliviated their memories to where I never existed. Trust me it's better this way. It has been almost two and a half years so maybe they wanted a family."

"I'm so sorry."

"Don't be...they are happier this way. They were so burdened with me and everything...Daphne said my brother is 100% muggle."

Harry couldn't really say anything.

"They are better now...and don't play dumb Harry. You and I both know the truth about me. The reason why we both couldn't figure out Bagshot was the snake...because we both heard her speak. And I know you know."