Year 6 - Ron's Birthday Surprise

Potions class was slowly becoming an annoyance to Hermione. To be honest, she was the best out of everyone, but with Potter and his potions book was getting all the credit for everything. She's the one who experiments, makes potions, and change potions to make them more potent. Does Harry do that...no...he just follows what that book says and wins? It wasn't right.

She could help but think as she was chopping up some Gil roots. The assignment was to make a potion where it would stop or hinder poisons. It didn't help that most of the time now she was working on her potion to stop love potions and getting nowhere. She got most of it where it would hindermost of the effects but sadly wasn't powerful enough to stop it completely. She just needed a good enough base to make it work...it was so close to completing...

Hermione glanced over to where Harry sat not moving or working on any potion just reading that book. Hermione glared at him as Slughorn announced that only three minutes remained. That's when Harry finally stood up and walked to the potions closet and walked back out sitting down way too smugly.

Slughorn stopped the class and started walking around evaluating each potion made. Finally making it to her, "Very well done as always Ms. Granger. I see you are using some of the bases you've used with your side project, too."

"Thank you, Professor." 

Slughorn nodded and walked on. When he got to Harry he paused and burst out laughing. "I HAVE NEVER SEEN SOMETHING LIKE THIS IN A LONG TIME! YES MR. POTTER A BEZOAR WOULD CERTAINLY DO THE TRICK WITH ALMOST ALL POTIONS!" 

Hermione was, even more, annoyed picked up her knife stabbing the desk. Draco who was by her looked at her and the knife a bit uncomfortably. 

"You okay there."

"An annoyance seems to keep coming up in this class," Hermione said removing the knife from the desk sitting it down.

"Well, that will be all for now...please hurry along..." Slughorn dismissed the class everyone got up to leave except Harry.

Once Hermione got out the door she stopped.

Draco turned to her, "you coming?"

"I'll get to you later...I have a few questions for Potter..." Hermione was using her annoyed voice and Draco knew he had to leave to avoid that problem. 

"Yeah...well...then...see you!" Draco said and quickly walked off in a hurry.

Hermione scowled at his retreating form and focused back on the door and the conversation between Slughorn and Harry.

"Sir, I was reading in the library and I ran across something in the library..." Harry said. 

"Yes?..." Slughorn from what Hermione could tell from his voice became guarded. 

'Yep...he's an idiot...' Hermione thought almost slamming her head onto the wall by her.

"It's called Horcruxes..."

"DUMBLEDORE SENT YOU! DIDN'T HE! GET OUT! I WON'T TALK ABOUT THAT AND I NEVER HAVE!" Slughorn shouted pushing Harry out of the door and closing it behind him while silencing his classroom after.

Harry sighed.

"Really Potter! That was that most pathetic attempt at getting that memory than anything I've seen in a while."

"Well...it was worth a shot," Harry sighed and Hermione rolled her eyes.

"Enough of that, Potter, I have a question...a bezoar really! You didn't even know what that was in your first year!" Hermione complained.