Year 1 - Hagrid and Mirrors

"Was Malfoy and Greengrass being a pain again?" Harry tried to comfort Hermione.

"Of course! I swear I thought I was only going to have to deal with ONLY Daphne, but noooo!  Nothing ever works out for me."

"Sorry, Hermes."

"Don't call me that Potter.  I hate that nickname, even when my parents say it."

"Sorry! Sorry!" Harry defended himself from her small punches in the arm.  They were silent while eating dinner.  Hermoine was sitting at the Gryffindor table with Harry since it was winter break.  Harry broke the silence, "Hey Hermoine how would you feel about meeting Hagrid?"

"I don't care...sure" Hermione agreed while eating.

"GREAT! After dinner?"

"But curfew is only thirty minutes after dinner!"

"So, show some inner Gryffindor"

"Says the Gryffindor...I'm Slytherin...but FINE! After dinner."  Harry grinned at Hermione's response and after they were done eating he grabbed her arm and dragged her off.

After a long trip, they arrived at a small hut with Hermione. She almost turned her nose up at the house, but being polite didn't.  Harry knocked on the wood door and a very large man walked out and Hermoine remembered him as the man who brought them from the train and to Hogwarts on the boats.

"'ARRY!" he boomed at him excited to see him. "Why're you here?  It's almost curfew!"

"Hello, Hagrid! I wanted you to meet another one of my friends!" Harry smiled while gesturing for Hermoine to step up.

Hermione awkwardly took a step closer and waved, "Hello, Sir."

Hagrid seemed surprised by her presence and took a step back.

'It's probably a Slytherin with wonder boy here,' Hermione thought and then smiled at Hagrid.  "I'm Hermoine Granger.  Muggle-born."

"Errr...sorry about that! Not use ter seeing Slytherins and Gryffindors together.  And a muggle-born Slytherin!  That's unheard of!"

"I know my ... fellow Slytherins find it odd, too."

"Oh COME IN COME IN YOU TWO FOR TEA!" Hagrid boomed and they stumbled in.  Hermione being odd sat on the rather large chair while Harry and Hagrid took the couch.

"I didn't know you were friends with Slytherins 'arry." 

"Not Slytherins, just one!" Harry proclaimed.  "The rest are...well...Slytherins."  Hermione smirked at Harry's saying.

They all sat and talked for a bit and time seemed to speed by that once Hermione looked out the window it was dark. 

"Harry!" Hermione gestured outside for the time.

"Sorry, Hagrid I think it's about time we go."

"OH, THAT'S 'IGHT! It's past Curfew!  Go you two, Now!" He boomed and they stumbled out and back to the castle.

They were tip-toeing down the stairs when other footsteps were heard.  Thinking quickly Harry and Hermione dived into a corridor and inside one of the classrooms.  Hermione listened through the door.  Muffled voices were heard.  

"I-I s-swear I d-don't know what y-you talking about!" one voice quickly replied to the other person.  Hermione recognizes the voice as Professor Quirrells'.

"I think you do know.  I wonder what other secrets you're keeping?"  The other voice said and it was Professor Snapes'.

It sounded like threats from Snape against Quirrell.  It went on longer until a noise was heard down the hall and they stopped.

"It's likely Peeves ruining things again.  I will get back to you later." Snape said angrily and they walked off.  Hermione breathed in relief and turned to Harry to say it's clear, but he was on the other side of the room looking at a large mirror.

"Potter, what are you doing?"

"I see them," he whispered.

"See who?"

"My parents."

"I don't see anything?" Hermione told him and he pushed her where he was standing.

She looked into the mirror and saw herself, but it also had others next to her and everywhere.  They were looking at her, paying attention to her.  There was no hate or dislike in their eyes.  In her hands was a book titled, 'Power, Truth, Magic, Life.'

She lied to Harry, "I don't see anything Harry."

"What?! Really?!" Harry again took her spot and looked in it.  "Then what is this?"

"I'm not sure Harry, but I may need to do research on this. Now come on Harry before other teachers or Ms. Norris finds us."  Hermione said and he followed after looking back in envy.

They went their separate ways and Hermione got back to the portrait.

"Where were you at this hour?" The portrait questioned as she stated the password.

"Just out and about.  Getting some information," She stated.

"Hmm...then might I recommend the secret passageway."  Hermione raised an eyebrow at him.

Down the left hall and on the other side of the third tapestry.  The passage leads to the fourth-floor corridor."  He stated while opening up.

"Thanks," is all she said before walking in and going to her dorm before collapsing in her bed to sleep.

'What interesting turn of events,' she thought before drifting to sleep.