Missing Words ; Bokuto X Mute!reader (Soulmate! AU)

Start from the beginning

The boy smiles excitedly, pure joy lighting up his face as he frantically waves back.

Your eyes widen in surprise and wonder as you watch the silly boy in front of you. The boy looks as though he makes a loud noise, before he turns around and rustles for something behind his car seat.

You continue to follow the boy's movement, as he brings out a large stuffed owl, showing it to you in pride.

Your smile widens even more, as a giddy feeling erupts in your stomach. You shout a small "ah!" before turning around to grab your own small owl plushie.

You show the boy your matching plushie, and watch as he jumps in excitement, and you just know he's giggling very loudly inside his car.

Small butterflies dance in your stomach, a small tinge in your chest making way, but you simply ignore it and continue to watch the boy with admiration.

Just as you're about to role down your window to actually talk to the boy, your car begins to move foreword before your finger can push the button.

Your excitement diminishes slightly, as you watch the boy fade away, refusing to look away until you can no longer see him.

You never get to that point though, as you feel your body slam sideways into the window suddenly, glass shattering around your head.

You feel a sharp pain overtake the middle of your throat, and soon enough you're choking on a warm, irony substance.

But as soon as you start, you stop. One second, you're buckled in your car, the next, you and your torn up car seat lay deathly still in the middle of the buzzing highway.

Your eyes lazily drag back up to the boy, watching as his smile fades all to quickly, horror overtaking his face, and his plushie slowly disappearing from the window as he pushes it into his chest.

You continue to stare at the boy, as his mother shakily stumbles out of her car, dialing 119, and covering her son's eyes.

You slightly resent the woman, as you can no longer gaze into the boy's large eyes. But, you understand. She's just trying to protect her son.

You glare at the back of the woman's hand for what feels like forever, before the pain gets too much.

You vision begins to blur, as dreary blue and red lights swirl around your dulling eyes.

You watch as the woman finally moves her hand away from her son's eyes, instead picking him up out of his car seat and holding him close as he begins to cry.

You feel a small rush, and then nothing, as the boy opens his mouth to shout, but is quickly cut off as you fall unconscious, eyes slowly disappearing behind your eyelids, forcing your gaze to retract from the boy.

You never got to hear his voice...

...

Bokuto is known to be a very... happy boy. He seems to be the very definition of blissful.

He rarely shows feelings of embarrassment, nor does he try to hide things.

Including his empty wrist.

While the amount of teasing he received in elementary did tear his heart a few centimeters, he ignored it and pushed those words to the back of his brain.

Eventually in high school, mostly everyone had matured enough to keep their words in their head, and not bother the boy.

They all knew that while Bokuto remained a truly happy boy, he secretly held a little sliver of sorrow in his heart at his lack of a soulmate.