Chapter 3: Danisnotfromhere?

"Care to tell me where you're dragging me off to now?" I giggle as Dan leads me around London. 

"I would if I had a clue." Dan smiles.

"Oh, great!  Just don't get lost."

"Let's hope I don't."  Dan stops short, making me bump into him again.  I look around and see we are on the edge of a sea of people.  Because everyone is taller than me, I can't see anything except for the line of buildings to our left.   "Sorry, I just wanted to show you this."

"What is this?  I can't see anything."  I laugh.  Dan wraps his arms around my waist, lifting me up so I can survey our surroundings.  "Put me down!"  I squeal.  "I still don't know where we are."

"This is Portobello Market." Dan says simply, placing me back on the ground.  "One of the necessary stops for tourists."

"Technically I'm not a tourist.  I live here now!"

"Sure..." Dan says sarcastically. 

I roll my eyes playfully as I hear the cry from across the road.  "Penelope?"

"Yeah?" I yell back, still unsure as to whom it is.  Soon, I see Jess fighting her way through the crowd of people.

"Oh my god I thought you died.  I've tried calling, but I think your phone is off."

"No."  I laugh.  "I'm alive!  How long have I been out?"

"Four hours.  I thought you were coming back at around two, and when you didn't and you didn't answer your phone I panicked.  I know you just moved here, so I thought you could have gotten lost..." She smiles awkwardly.  How could I have been out for that long?

"I'm sorry," Dan says quietly.  "I kind of stole her."  Jess looks up at Dan for the first time, and immediately I see her eyes widen.  It looks like her bright green eyes are about to pop right out of her skull.

"C-can I talk to you for a minute?" she stutters.  Before I can reply, she yanks me away from Dan.  "We'll be right back." She adds.

"What?"  I whisper to her. 

"Holy crap!"

"What?"  I repeat.

"Do you know who that is?" she squeals.

"Dan..." 

"Dan fucking Howell!" she squeaks, obviously trying to hide her enthusiasm.  How did she know his last name was Howell?  "Or should I say danisnotonfire?"

"What?"

"YouTube.  I'll show you at home.  Oh my God I can't believe you're on a date with danisnotonfire!"

"It's not a date..." I protest, secretly wishing it was.

"Sure it's not.  But I need you home soon.  You need to tell me all about the audition!" she smiles.  My face drops; I had completely forgotten.  I feel tears start to well up in my eyes again, but before they fall Jess traps me in a hug.  "Come on.  Tell Dan you'll see him later and we can talk."

"Okay."  I mutter, putting on my best fake smile as I spin back around to face Dan, who looks very concerned.

"Is she alright?" he asks.

"Yeah, she recognized you... as danisnotfromhere?" I ask, forgetting the random username Jess had just told me.  Dan's cheeks turn a bright ruby color, and he puts his hand over his eyes.

"Oh, God.  I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier, it just never came... what did you say my name was?" he giggles.

"Danisnotfromhere?" I guess.  I assume I am wrong, because Dan starts laughing hysterically.  He tries to stop, because soon people start staring.

"Danisnotonfire."  He corrects me.  "But you were close enough."

"Good!"  I smile.  "I'll look you up."

"Just promise you'll still want to be seen with me in public afterwards?  I don't mind the newer ones, but the older videos are really embarrassing."

"Awesome, I'll watch those first." I tease.

"Perfect!" he says sarcastically, taking my hand to drag me some other place in this enormous city.  I never noticed how many people are here.  However, it's not like I've explored at all.

"Is it sad that I've been here for almost a week, but the only place I've even visited is my street?" I say aloud.

"No, it just means that you and me will get along very well."  Dan flashes his perfect smile again.

"So where are you taking me now?"

"It's a surprise!"

"Meaning you don't know."

"Precisely."

"Wait," I stop in my tracks, looking back to Jess.  "I need to get home..."

"Now?"

"Yeah."  I say sadly.  Although I know I need to tell Jess, I don't want to leave Dan yet. 

"You alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine.  Can we continue this magnificent tour later?" I ask, bringing a genuine smile to my face.

"Of course.  I'll see you later Penelope."

"Bye, Dan."  I say before going in the opposite direction with Jess.

A/N: Hi!  I meant to have this up earlier but I've been super busy this week... please forgive me D: Anyway, I have started the next chapter and will post that as soon as it's done! Please let me know if you liked it by commenting/voting.  chapter title credit: cookiegeek3. stay amazing <3