Chapter 31

“Can you kiss me and make it better?” he says cheekily.  I take a fistful of his tee shirt and pull him towards me.  I’ve missed the feeling of his touch, so I bring my body even closer to him.  I feel him smile as I climb onto his lap, each of my legs drooped over either side of him.  I rest my arms on his shoulders, tangling my fingers into his hair as his hands grab a firm hold around my waist.

“I’m sorry I didn’t forgive you sooner,” I whisper into his ear as he kisses my neck.  “I should have listened to you.  If I had, you wouldn’t be in pain right now.”

He pulls away and grabs each side of my face, forcing me to meet his gaze and our noses just barely brushing against each other.  “I needed to teach James a lesson.  I wasn’t going to let him take you away from me.”  His lips crash onto mine, a slight groan slipping out of his mouth. 

“Am I hurting you?  You do have a gash in your lip…” I ask, my lips nearly touching his.

“No.” He says against me.  “Just don’t stop, that’d hurt more.”

“You’re so cheesy, Dan.” I giggle, pecking him once before standing up. 

“Where are you going?” he asks, his face falling into a frown.

“To put these away, “ I smirk, bending down to pick up the bowls we had placed on the coffee table.

“That couldn’t have waited until later?” he calls as I walk into the kitchen.  I laugh and rinse them out, hearing footsteps behind me.  A hand grabs my arm and spins me around, lifting me up to sit on the counter as my lips find Dan’s again.  “I thought I said not to stop,” he says against my mouth.

“And who says I follow your orders?” I counter, breaking us apart and smirking at him.

“Oh, so that’s how you want to play, babe?” he says, pressing his lips to my neck.  His fingers run up and down my sides as mine tangle into his hair yet again.  He continues working on one spot of my neck and I know that there’ll be a mark.  He doesn’t seem to care, his hands exploring my body. 

“Dan,” I groan, pushing him off and meeting his lips with mine.  His kiss is harder than usual, his tongue tracing the contours of my lips.  Without hesitation, I open my mouth and hear him let out a quiet moan.  His hands travel down to rest on my hips, pulling them towards him.  I wrap my legs around his torso, unhappy with the amount of layers separating us now.  As if he can read my mind, he pulls up my shirt, breaking the kiss only to tear it off.  He smiles as our lips meet again, pulling me closer to him still.  I play with the hem of his tee, and again we break apart so I can yank it over his head.  As he kisses me again, he lifts me up and off of the counter, his hands resting on my bum and my legs still wrapped around him as he carries me to him room. 

He flings the door closed with his foot before placing me down on the bed, our lips never once parting.  I start to unbutton his jeans as he starts kissing down my front.  “What happened to ‘a day of rest’?” he asks, chuckling.

“Fuck the day of rest.” I mutter.  His fingers loop under the elastic of the sweatpants I haven’t bothered to change out of all day and pull them off, adding them to the pile of tossed fabric somewhere on the floor.  He starts kissing up my thighs, an uncontrollable moan seeping out of my mouth.  Before he can do anything, I flip us over, our lips meeting again.  Soon, every article of clothing is in that heap, and Dan is back on top, and he’s kissing me harder than ever, and he’s whispering words of desire and sorrow and passion.  “I love you, Dan.” I sigh, our kiss growing sloppier by the second.

“Then prove it.” He challenges.  His soft touch and tantalizing lips overwhelm me in a haze of pleasure, only pulling me deeper and deeper into a state of euphoria.