Chapter 15

*Dan’s POV*

Phil throws me a pillow, and I lie in wait next to the bathroom door.  That sounds a bit creepy, Dan.  I notice the doorknob twist open, and Penelope steps out.  She took off her makeup, revealing how utterly gorgeous she is without it.  Her crystal eyes sparkle as the different flecks of charcoal, silver, ash, and slate dance around her pupil, creating an intricate pattern of color.  Her porcelain skin is completely clear; her cheeks slightly rosy like they always are.  I can see a few slight freckles on top of her nose, which I had never noticed before.  Her long, blonde hair is tied up, creating a light blue orb sitting on her head.  My red sweatshirt hangs on her small frame, about five sizes too big.  I could tell my gray sweatpants were too long as well, because she had rolled them up and they still dragged on the floor slightly.  I toss the pillow I am holding at her, hitting her cute little nose.  "You didn't think he was kidding when he said pillow fight, did you?" I smirk at her.

"Oh no, I wouldn't dream of doing something like that." She replies as she bends down to pick the pillow up off the floor.  Phil throws his from his hiding spot down the hall and hits her on the back.  “You realize that by throwing these at me,” she cracks a smile, showing off that contagious grin that leaves me breathless and speechless, with the ability to melt my heart away.  “You’re giving me more ammo?”

She flings a pillow at me, but I catch it easily.  As she turns away to attack Phil, I run up to her and bop her on the head, messing up her hair slightly.  She faces me, realizing she doesn’t have a pillow to hit back as Phil and I smack her sides simultaneously.  She curls into a ball on the floor, tucking her head between her knees while we all laugh.  I hear her little giggle over Phil’s roar, and it makes me laugh harder.  Not that it sounds funny, but just the sound of it makes me so happy.  It sounds so sweet and innocent, like a young child playing.  “Do I get a weapon?” she asks.

“No!” I yell as Phil hits her again.  She rolls over, escaping our circle around her and runs into the lounge.  I go to hide in the hall as she finds a multicolored pillow on the sofa and hits Phil with it.  I see the two of them go down the opposite way of the hall searching for me, so I come up behind them and throw my pillow at Phil’s head.  They must’ve heard my footsteps, because they spin around and duck, pelting me with pillows.   I grab more from the lounge, and the three of us have an all-out battle.  Phil and Penelope broke up their assumed alliance, turning on each other to whack one another. 

I run away, and hear Penelope cry, “Come back here!”

“Never!” I laugh as I round a corner.  I stop, looking around to see where I should go next.  Penelope collides into me, and we both end up on the ground.  She’s directly on top of me, and I can’t stop myself from blushing as I stare into those diamond-like eyes.  Before she has time to get up, I pull her head closer to mine into a kiss.  My hands stay on her back as hers find their way into my hair.  I sit up so that she is placed on my lap and feel her smile.  Suddenly, the floor creaks, and we break apart to see Phil blushing.

“I’ll be in the lounge!” he yells, and I can tell he is really embarrassed.  I look at Penelope, and see her cheeks have turned slightly red, just like I’m sure mine have.  We stand up and follow Phil, sneaking up behind him to slap him with a pillow. 

We continue our fight for a few more minutes then end up in a giant pile on the floor together, still laughing.  I tilt my head down to look at Penelope, and that gorgeous smile she has.  She looks up and meets my gaze.  “What are you staring at?” she asks.

“You.” I reply as I stand up.  I offer my hands, and help both Phil and Penelope to their feet.  “Well that was fun.”

“Agreed.” They both grin.