Chapter 13 - Connection

Start from the beginning

I flash him a unbelievable face, "I'm not doing your homework for you." I state.

"Actually, you are." He grins.

I raise my eyebrows unamused. 

"Remember the deal we made when I first agreed to let you stay here." He say mockingly.

I scan my mind for an excuse not to do it because I really don't want to, "Okayy, but I considered that deal off when you beat me up the other night." I say innocently.

He chuckles, "One - need I remind you again that I warned you about that and you still agreed. Two - That was never part of the deal so it is still ongoing. And three - even if the deal did get terminated when that happened, you still owe me." 

I cock an eyebrow urging him to carry on, "From earlier today, when I helped you. You owe me big time." 

I huff in defeat and open the first of the many books he chucked at my face. 

I start the work and even though it's pretty easy and basic, it takes me ages. I glance at the clock after I have completed his third homework booklet to see it's already 3am. 

Deciding my welfare is still important I stop here for tonight and make my way to get ready for bed. When I re-enter the room I see Jimin's small frame tangled in the duvet. He looks so calm here, so innocent, almost angelic. If only. I think to myself before turning the lights out and attempting to get as much sleep as I can before the early start.

[...]

*I know some of you will probably skip over the nightmare sections because it's the same thing over and over, but this one is different and an important development in the story so I would appreciate it if you read it. Thank you!*

The familiar screams capture my mind, sending me into a trance. I feel compelled to find the source. I tear my body away from the warmth of my bed and walk through the welcoming, homely house. 

Strangely, my left hand feels warm and safe, contrasting with the rest of my shaking body. As if it is being engulfed and held safely somewhere far away from here. But this is my happy house, there's nothing unsafe here and nothing to be afraid of. Right?

I go onto my tiptoes to reach for the lock on the door that towers over me as I'm only 10 years old. Opening the door the screams grow louder, almost deafening. The voice of the women holds a certain familiarity keeping me on edge.

I can't shake an unusual feeling in my mind, but I can't quite grasp what the feeling is or where it's coming from. Maybe deja vu? 

Abruptly, all my actions and thoughts halt as the image before me gets revealed. I feel my breathing hitch and my pulse drastically increase.

It can't be? This isn't real, it needs to not be real!

I'm now wishing I had never left the comfort of my own bed. Any thoughts I had a minute ago have briskly abandoned me, replaced with the scene I have just been exposed to.

I drop to my knees, a numb feeling engulfing my body. Tears I didn't even know were there are now streaming down my face.

There, right infront of me, is my mother. My precious mother, lifeless. Her eyes half ajar and blood running all down her face. She's dead. She's actually dead.

Suddenly an aching feeling runs through my veins, it's agony, it's heartbreak. The pain is excruciating, quickly becoming unbearable.

I scream.

[...]

A loud squeal escapes my mouth, originating from my vocal chords as I sit up hurriedly. Reality hits as everything comes flooding back. 

The dream was different. How?! 

"Y/n! Are you ok?" Jimin squeezes my left hand which I realise is tightly enclosed in his. 

The dream! I sensed his hand. That's why it seemed familiar because there was a part of me still connected to the present, to reality.

"Y/n?" Jimin grabs my attention again.

In a rush I explain everything to him so excited at this new found fact.

"That's interesting. But it doesn't make sense. Surely if you were connected to today somehow, when you woke up the impact wouldn't have been as bad...but you screamed. You've never done that before." He implies.

I admit it's weird and then it dawns on me like getting struck by lightning, "It's because it's the anniversary." 

-----------------------------------------------------------

Thank you guys for reading this chapter, I hope you enjoyed it! 

Let me know if there are any improvements I could make, but please be polite because I'm trying my best! 

Thank you - Bangtanxxo