Chapter Twenty-Seven: Blast To The Past

*Niall's POV* 

FLASHBACK 

I glance over at the girl sitting just spaces away from me. She had brown hair that went just past her shoulders and her green eyes were sparkling in the flashing lights. She was wearing a white t-shirt with Bon Jovi on it, dark blue skinny jeans, and plain green sneakers.

I take my lip between my teeth just as she turns her head to look at me. My gaze meets hers and I almost instantly fall in love with her eyes. Weighing up the pros and cons, I scoot over into the chair beside her.

"Hey!" She chirps happily. "You're Niall, right?"

"Yeah." I nod.

"I'm Agnes!" She squeaks, smiling brightly at me. I can't help but return a grin to her.

"I know." I gush and break away from her beautiful stare. "So, um-" The lights suddenly dim out, two spotlights going around the room. "Do you usually come to these things?"

"No, I'd rather be home with my brothers." Agnes shakes her head.

"Same." I laugh. God, I hate my laugh. She giggles, looking away from me. "What? Does my laugh sound stupid?"

"No, it's cute." Agnes tells me and laughs again. Just when I think the moment can't get any better or worse, the two spotlights land on us. Most people cheer and a few whistle at us. We are both shoved out of our chairs.

"Guys, come on." I complain as my friends begin pushing me towards the middle of the room. Some other girls were pushing Agnes. "You know I can't dance, I swear to God I will kill you if you make me do this." With another second, we are standing face to face with each other. I swallow the lump in my throat and wrap my arms around her waist. Her arms find their way around my neck.

"This is weird." Agnes states the obvious when the song begins.

"Yeah..." I trail off nervously. My heart was beating out of my chest.

This was something I never anticipated, but it felt so right. Soon the song is over though, ending the amazing moment. My pulse quickens when the spotlight stays on us as if we weren't finished.

I push a strand of her brown hair out of her eyes and just take a moment to breathe it all in. This was really happening. Without thinking, I lean down and push my lips onto hers.

It felt so surreal, finally being able to kiss her after my crush going on for so long. It was like a really messed up dream that was too crazy to be a reality. But this was real life...and I didn't know that this girl would end up being my whole future. 

"Ugh." I groan and pull on the blonde of my hair, wanting to redo my whole life.

She's gone. She left me. I'm alone.

I find myself hurling over the toilet for what seems like the thousandth time. Harry rubs my back and pushes whatever hair was flopping out over my forehead. Tears gush from my eyes as everything from my stomach comes up. God, I want everything to just disappear.

When I feel as if I'm done, I sit back up and lean against the stall wall. Harry wipes my mouth with his sweatshirt and holds his wet bandana to my forehead. He had basically been babying me since we got here, considering Louis has been in surgery. Just two more hours until he gets out. 

"Do you want to talk about it, Nialler?" Harry asks with a frown, tears in his eyes. We've all been a mess for the past two and a half hours since we got here.

"I don't know." I croak.

"Look, he's going to make it off the operating table alive." Harry reassures me.

"You don't know that!" I spit. "What will Caleb be left with?! What about Eleanor and his kid?! What about all of us?!"

"It's gonna be ok." Harry wraps his arms around me. I hide my face in his neck, beginning to cry all over again.

=============================================================================

"Who here is for Louis Tomlinson?" A nurse asks when she walks into the waiting room full of people. We all spring up from the floor or our chair. "The surgery didn't go as...smoothly as expected. He died on the operating table, but against all odds he woke up again when we thought he was gone. We were able to repair the puncture in his stomach. These next few hours are going to be critical for his survival."

"When can we see him?" Eleanor chokes out.

"He's in the ICU right now and is resting. Right now only blood related over the age of 13 can go in." She tells us. My heart drops into the pit of my stomach.

"Caleb." Liam shoves him over.

"I'm no-"

"Yes you are." Zayn cuts him off. I crouch down to him.

"You have to go see him, for now you are thirteen." I whisper. "Come back if you think it's too much to see." He nods before following the nurse out of the waiting room.

*Caleb's POV* 

My heart continues to beat faster as the woman leads me towards the Intensive Care Unit. I was terrified about seeing him in such a bad condition. I don't think I'll ever get the image of them falling out of my head.

She points me over to a room once we're through the doors. I thank her before walking into the room that held my brother, the one who has taken care of me my whole life.

*Louis' POV* 

I'm an idiot. 

That was my only thought when I woke up in the middle of that surgery. I remember falling, passing out in the water, waking up, being lifted into an ambulance, seeing Agnes being pulled up the bank as the doors closed, passing out again, waking up while doctors rushed me to an operating room, falling asleep, and waking up on the table.

Only blood related and over 13 years old. That isn't any of them! I can't see Eleanor, Agnes, Caleb, none of them! This is the stupidest rule known to man! I want to do this day over again. I want to have been able to save Agnes from jumping off that bridge.

"Louis?" An all too familiar voice calls out. I am barely able to lift my head up enought to see Caleb standing in the doorway.

"How the h*ll did you get here?" I ask breathlessly, realizing how much I should've taken the offer for that breathing tube thing.

"They said I was thirteen." Caleb answers while rocking back and forth on his heels.

"Come here." I reply. He makes his way over to me. "What happened that all the doctors around me are so worried about?"

"Your heart stopped during the surgery..." Caleb trails off. "they thought you were dead but then you woke up."

"Where's Agnes? Is she ok?" I ask.

"Louis, Agnes is..."

Ha. 

You guys are gonna kill me.

I'm so sorry, I love teasing you like that. If I get at least five votes in two days then I'll put the next chapter up early! :) If not then you'll have to wait until next Sunday!

I love you guys!! xx

Have a good day! Or night! Or whatever time it is for you!

-Melanie XOXO