Chapter 15: Cost of the Fray

"Once more into the fray. Into the last good fight I'll ever know. Live and die on this day. Live and die on this day."
-Unknown

Heister: *into coms* Hans are you seeing this?

Zero: *over coms* Yeah you need to get down there, I've lost contact with them.

Heister: *into coms* Roger, Aussie come with me you 2 stay here!

We take off running back to the car, as soon as we're in I slam on the gas. The time flew by as we gunned it down side streets getting their quickly, I stopped when our way was blocked by cars and people fleeing the burning buildings. Gun shots echoed and people were screaming, me and Aussie got out of the car and ran towards the commotion.

Heister: *into coms* Hans do you have cams in the area?

Zero: *over coms* I hacked some CCTV from peoples houses, I can't see much tho. The masks are up the street from your position, be careful not to breath in any smoke it might be the chemical weapons.

Heister: *into coms* Roger!

Me and Aussie get up the street, there was a firing squad of 5 masks with LMG's. They were gunning civilians and causing chaos, me and Aussie got into cover as we fired taking them out quite quickly. We move up to the fresh corpses, we pass them and keep our eyes peeled as we head towards the other teams targeted building. The top of the building was smoking and gun shots were coming from inside, we went towards the building and kicked in the front door. We had to jump back as bullets pelted the door, I peeked the door seeing a white mask on the main stairs. He reloaded his weapon and took a stun grenade off his belt. As he pulled the pin I stepped inside and fired a round into his chest, as the stun dropped to the floor I stepped back outside the door. As the flash nearly deafened me Aussie went inside checking our corners, once my hearing came back I followed in behind her.

Aussie: Shooting is coming from upstairs.

We go up to the second level and then the third, we pushed towards the shooting to be greeted with the backs of many white masks. On the other side of them I could see our fellow operators, and it looks like there was alot of blood by them. Me and Aussie raised our weapons and firing squaded their asses, with a quick reload and a call out to the others we went over to them.

Heister: What in the fuck happened?

As we got over to them I could see Sledge and Cav were wounded, Sledge had a taken a a flesh wound to his left thigh well Cav had a large cut down her arm, probably from a knife.

Heister: Shit, your both gonna be fine, Aussie first aid kit.

She handed me her medium sized first aid kit she carries, I crack it open and dress Cav's wound since it looked worse. 

Caveria: *groans* Careful imbecil it hurts!

Heister: Quiet it your fine. 

Jackal had started to patch Sledge's shoulder, I finished wrapping Cav's arm.

Caveria: Thanks, how did it go at the statue?

Heister: We cleared the place of masks and charges, Nurse and Socket are holding it down.

Aussie: GET DOWN!

Aussie pushes us down into cover as bullets riddled the walls, we crawl into cover as the fire gets worse.

Aussie: 2 LMG'S!

Sledge: I got this!

He pulls the pin on the frag, after 2 seconds he tosses it and we hear a very scared mask yell.