Chapter 5: Heartfelt

About 20 minutes later, Kylin and I were back on the Mantis.

There were so many thoughts running through my head. We both felt the same way, the feelings were reciprocated, so what was the problem?

Kylin was in my room with me, and we were both sitting on the bed with BD-1 between us.

"So," I coughed, looking up at Kylin, who stared down at BD-1. "You feeling any better?"

She shrugged and sighed. "A little sore. And tired. But yeah, I feel a bit better. Are you okay?" Kylin looked up at me, her eyes serious. She wasn't mad, she wasn't annoyed, she was worried.

"I'm fine, just tired." The yawn I had been holding back surfaced, and there wasn't anything I could do about it. It only proved my point.

A slight laugh escaped through her parted lips. "Yeah, I can see that. It's not super late though, which is unfortunate. If it was, I'd go to bed."

"I would too but it's still bright out. What a way to mess up a sleep schedule, huh?" I laughed dryly, looking back down at BD.

She nodded. "Definitely."

We sat in silence for quite a while after that.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

It was maybe an hour later when Kylin spoke up again. "I'm going to go outside," she murmured, her voice hoarse and tired.

"You sure?" I sat up straight, looking her in the eyes.

God, did they sparkle.

"Positive." She stood and walked towards the door, leading to my own sigh.

But she stopped for a moment and turned back.

"You're welcome to join me, you know." Kylin offered a smile and left.

Should I go out with her? I wasn't even sure of the terms we were on. We voiced our feelings, but one wrong word or action could completely ruin everything.

BD-1 beeped at me. Go.

I smiled down at him. "Words of advice from Captain BD-1." I mock saluted him before getting up and walking out to the common area.

Cere was sitting with Greez in the cockpit, paying no attention to anyone else, and Merrin was nowhere to be found.

I sighed and stepped out into the light. It had dimmed slightly, and the breeze was light. 

Kylin was sitting on a stack of crates right on the landing pad, which were close to the edge. Her legs swung back and forth, and her hair blew slightly.

It was a sight to behold.

I walked up behind her, slowly and carefully climbing up as to not knock any of the crates over and cause us both to take a nasty fall.

"Hey," I said, as I sat down next to me.

She grinned. "Hi."

"It's really nice out right now," I murmured. Genius, Cal. Pure genius. Bringing up the weather? 

"It really is," she sighed. "I miss Coruscant, though."

"I loved it there. It got boring after while, because I was very impatient, but it's a nice place if you can really take it in. At least, it was."

Kylin looked up at me, squinting slightly in the light. "I didn't appreciate it enough until after the Empire came and ruined things. It was my home, and I always took it for granted."

"The Empire is terribly destructive," I muttered. "They're terrible and I wish there was more we could do to stop their reign."

"Cal, you've already done so much." She put her hand on my shoulder.

I looked over at her, meeting her eyes. "Yeah, but I want to do more as us."

Kylin's eyes widened slightly, her mouth agape as she opened and closed it like a fish.

"Sorry," I muttured, looking down at my feet. I never realised how big they were.

"I agree."

I whipped my head up. "What?"

She smiled softly. "I agree with that statement."

"Which one, my sorry?"

Kylin snorted. "No, you idiot, your statement about doing more." She threw her hands up in the air with a defeated smile. "I was trying to be all heartfelt and soft but I can't ever do that when you're around."

I raised an eyebrow. "And why is that?"

She smirked. "'Cause of you."

"Well yeah I know that but why me?"

"Because you make me crazy, Cal. You drive me crazy. Right off the edge of a cliff. Like that one." She gestured towards the cliff's edge that was mere yards ahead of us.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah."

Her smile sparked butterflies in my stomach, butterflies that felt more like a raging inferno than a few fluttering bugs.

"Mind telling me why I drive you crazy?" I asked, failing at keeping back a grin.

"No sir," she laughed. "Then you'll use it against me, and I know for a fact I do not want to fall off a cliff."

She was truly something.

"Yeah, how would BD feel about that? He'd be lost without you," I teased.

Kylin scoffed. "At least he appreciates my beauty." She flipped her hair, and I watched as it all fell back in her face.

"Oh yes, very nice," I nodded.

She shook her head, letting her hair fall back around her shoulders. It wasn't pulled back like normal, and for some reason, I felt I liked it loose like this more.

"Hey," I said suddenly, ready to bring it up now.

"Hey yourself," she snorted.

I sighed and pretended to be annoyed. "Are we good? You and me?"

Kylin turned and looked up at me, a smile tugging at the corner of her lips. "Yeah, I think we are."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

A HA! Cliffhanger ish. I'm so happy to be back and writing this story. I can't promise updates will be coming in super fast as I am working on my One Direction book, but it felt so good to get this chapter out.

Love you amazing people who stayed and waited for it, you're all amazing <3

(Also listen to 5SOS they're amazing)

Gotta Zayn,
DonutMaster07