Chapter 3: Promises

The sky on Kashyyyk brightened as the sun began to rise.

Kylin and I were sitting outside the Mantis, silence the only thing that was between us as her head was rested on my shoulder.

It had been two days since that night, where feelings in my chest had begun to become conflicting. Things were still awkward between Kylin and I.

We still talked and laughed together, but any mention of feelings brought an uneasy silence.

There was nothing awkward about the quiet right now, however, as we watched the sun rise in the moon's place.

This was Kylin's second time on Kashyyyk, and my third. I hadn't been here since fighting the Ninth Sister- which felt like forever ago.

I felt Kylin heave a sigh, which lead to the slightest of smiles tugging at the corners of my lips.

"You ready to start heading out?" I asked, my voice raspy from being quiet for so long.

She nodded. "Yeah, we should probably get going." She lifted her head from my shoulder and rubbed her eyes.

I stood and offered my hand, which she grabbed with a grateful smile.

I pulled the shorter girl up and faced the hangar that lead to the refinery.

It was still working, unfortunately, but it didn't run in all the slave labour it like it once had.

At least, not Wookie labour. We hadn't seen anyone else besides the shaggy creatures, but you can never be too sure with the Empire.

Kylin stretched and bent backwards, letting out a huff of air as she came back to a full standing position.

"Sorry," she said, a slight laugh evident. "I'm usually bouncy, I don't like sitting so long."

I shrugged. "I'm the same way, don't worry."

She grinned. "Okay. Well, I suppose we should start moving if we want to actually get somewhere today."

"Indeed, O' Wise One," I joked, starting towards the hangar.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

We were both cracking jokes as we made our way through the wooded areas.

Both of us were disappointed when we had to cut the mood due to stealth reasons.

I scowled at the sight of Stormtroopers. A small squad was standing around, talking.

But what was really bothersome was the Purge trooper that loomed behind them, glowering.

I glanced at Kylin, who didn't seem happy, either.

We both knew that we had to go down there, it was apparent.

So with a nod from my companion, we jumped down onto the cold metal.

"Intruders!" a trooper yelped, pulling out his security baton.

That of course caught everyone's attention, and all the white coloured soldiers whipped around to face us.

Two had blasters, two with batons, and of course the Purge trooper with a special baton of his own, that looked like a large hammer.

Oddly, he stayed back while Kylin and I plowed through the regular troopers.

In fact, he barely moved as he watched our every move.

It was quite menacing, to be honest.

"Coward," Kylin spat, staring him down.

He still barely flinched.

"What are you doing?!" I whispered, confused by her sudden, angry, confidence.

She paid no attention to me and took a step towards the trooper.

"Why are you just standing there? Do something!" She shouted, taking more steps forward.

I could feel his grin- he planned this.

"Ky watch out!" I yelled, but it was too late.

He brought his hammer down just inches from her face as she dodged, but it didn't miss her foot.

I heard her screech a cuss word as she whacked him upside the head with her staff.

It was time to intervene. She had never fought a Purge trooper with this kind of weapon like I had in the Fortress.

I charged him with lightsaber, but he was able to block it with the huge hammer.

Kylin kept hitting him from behind, and it was definitely irritating the Imperial soldier.

I had to take a step back to catch my breath- which I most definitely should not have done.

He took his armoured had and backhanded Kylin across the face so hard she practically spun before dropping to the floor.

"No!" I screamed, jumping up and bringing my saber down on his head.

He was unable to block and dropped dead.

I ran to Kylin, who was groaning on the ground.

"Hey hey hey," I murmured, lifting her up.

She turned towards me, her lip bleeding and a large bruise already forming around her jaw area. The gash on her face she had gotten on Dathomir had began bleeding again.

We had been in so many fights it hasn't had time to heal.

"I'm sorry," she whimpered, showing no trace of the previous confidence.

"No," I said sternly. "Don't be sorry."

"I was stupid and I don't know where it came from," she murmured, looking away.

I pulled her into a hug. "You're not stupid. We all get confident, Ky. It happens."

Turning her head towards me, my hands holding on gently to her chin.

"But you have to promise me something," I added.

She nodded.

"Don't ever do that again."

A small smile grew on her face.

I held her tightly, not wanting to let go. Things were so confusing right now, but all I knew was that I had to keep her safe.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Theme song for Kylin and Cal, let me know if you have any other ideas: You and I by One Direction.

Just wanted to say I'm sorry for not writing a ton. I have been a bit busy with my life, some of which I admit has been spent converting into a full blown Directioner.

But no matter, here is chapter 3. Not sure when I'll have another chapter up, but hopefully it won't be too long now.

Stay shining!
DonutMaster07