22 - There's No Place Like Home

Emma wasn't answering her phone. All of a sudden, the light stopped. Belle, my father, and I were sitting in chairs in the corner when Emma came in. Apparently, Emma made her way into the book of fairytales we're from. "Excuse me, if I could have everyone's attention for just a moment...the coronation ceremony is something we've looked forward to for a long time. The arrival of our new son has been the cause of great joy for our family. And we hope you can share in it as we name him for a hero. Someone who saved every one of us. Who we loved, and he loved back," David said, and we all looked at him.

"People of Storybrooke, it is our great joy to introduce you to our son...Prince Neal," Snow said, looking over at us. Papa and I closed our eyes and nodded softly. A smile spread across my face, but Papa tapped my shoulder. "We need to go to the shop," He said, so we snuck out. I changed into a short blue dress, then Papa came into the back.

His tie was crooked, and his suit was slightly ruffled. Smiling, I straightened the tie and adjusted the suit,  then squeezed his hand. We went up to the well and I watched as Maurice led his daughter up, Papa turning to look at her. I was standing next to Archie, and we smiled at his reaction. They reached the spot, and Maurice took his place next to me.

"It is my great honor to officiate this most lovely union. If you'd like to begin your vows..." Archie said, looking at Belle. "Rumplestiltskin...this thing we have, it's--it's never been easy. I've...I've lost you so many times. I've lost you to--to darkness, to weakness, and--and finally, to death. But now I realize...I realize that I have not spent my life losing you. I've spent my life finding you," Belle said. "Belle...when we met, I wasn't just unloved and unloving. I was an enemy of love. Love had only brought me pain. My walls were up. But you broke them down. You brought me home. You brought light into my life and chased away all the darkness. And I vow to you I will never forget the distance between what I was and what I am. I owe more to you than I can ever say. How you can see the man behind the monster, I will never know," He said, putting the ring on her finger. "But that monster is gone. And the man beneath him may be flawed...but we all are. And I love you for it. Sometimes the best book has the dustiest jacket. And sometimes the best teacup is chipped," Belle said. Then leaned in, and had their first kiss as a married couple.

And happiness was something that was found that night, standing on the hill next to the well.